Directions: A word or phrase is missing in each of the sentences below. Four answer choices are given below each sentence. Select the best answer to complete the sentence. Then mark the letter (A), (B}, (C), or (D) on your answer sheet.
101. Mr. Guo ------- with an electrician yesterday about the rewiring project.
(B) is consulting
(C) to consult
102. Ms. Lan Le will complete ------- internship at the George Cake Shop next week.
103. Every Thursday the Lifelong Reading Club meets to ------- novels written by local authors.
104. Skymills Insurance ------- grew from a small business to a midsize company with 350 employees.
105. Local shop owners are invited to the ------- of Clyde Bank's downtown branch.
106. All e-mail messages regarding legal issues should be ------- in a separate folder.
107. Hiring an ------- for Ms. Tsai must be our top meets to ------- novels written by local priority, as her workload has increased.
108. The ------- Ladoff Building was constructed in 1923 and stood two stories tall.
109. If you have questions about your most ------- credit card statement, call Mr. Hassan.
110. The Rinzlite dishwasher was ranked higher ------- all other dishwashers In its class.
111. So far, the Grantley store ------- 20 percent more mobile phones than it did last year.
(A) will sell
(B) was sold
(C) has sold
(D) are selling
112. In the event of a power failure, unplug computers until power is ------- restored.
113. Although Mr. Akiyama retired last year, he ------- visits the office each week.
114. At the panel discussion, Ms. Yang made a ------- argument for environmentally responsible business practices.
115. The Hokedo Orchestra will hold ------ for new string musicians next Tuesday.
116. Although the team members were not available after the game, the coach was happy to be interviewed.
117. Ms. Schwimmer’s application was not ------- reviewed until November 5.
118. Managers are encouraged to give their staff ------ feedback during the annual performance-review meetings.
119. Deckermark Enterprises offers employees flexible scheduling and telecommuting --------
120. Ms. Summer can estimate the cost for the land-clearing project in Fosterville, ------ before the details are finalized.
121. The company’s transition from paper paychecks to electronic paychecks was ------ smooth.
122. All temporary workers should contact Ms. Fierro to ------- an identification badge.
123. We will pay your insurance claim ------- we receive the official damage report.
124. Neither of the ------- in the debate was willing to take a stand on the riverfront development controversy.
125. ------- the additional funding, Central City Medical School expects to double the size of its research team.
126. The clients have indicated that a reception area of 60 square meters will be ------- in the new building.
127. Ms. Lau would like to know ------- Mr. Cole called the main office yesterday.
128. Koffler Law hired more paralegals ------- meet its commitment to clients.
(B) in order to
(C) in any case
129. The newest edition of the Biltmire Road Atlas has plastic-coated pages for extra --------
130. Job seekers should prepare a list of professional references ------- applying for positions.
(A) prior to
(B) outside of
(C) in front of
(D) according to
Directions: Read the texts that follow. A word, phrase, or sentence is missing in parts of each text.
Four answer choices for each question are given below the text, Select the best answer to complete the text. Then mark the letter (A), (B), (C), or (D) on your answer sheet.
Questions 131-134 refer to the following article.
TOKYO (2 June}—Toda Entertainment announced this morning that it will be revealing its latest video game later this week. A preview of the game 131------- a presentation from the developers will be broadcast on the company’s Web site on Friday at 4:00 p.m. Japan Standard Time. Until now, no details have been revealed about the game. Many consumers are already 132----- that it will be a sequel to the company's popular Todashi Adventure series. The first game in that series, released two years ago, was a 133------- success for the company, selling over 400,000 copies in Japan. 134-------
(B) even though
(D) as well as
(A) The company was not able to meet this goal.
(B) Toda Entertainment will announce its new CEO next week.
(C) Its worldwide sales were double that number.
(D) Consumers can now purchase it for the first time.
Questions 135-138 refer to the following leiter.
Dear Mr. Wong:
It was good to speak with you today about the opening in the accounts receivable department at Riedeberg Realty. 135------ . My prior experience has prepared me particularly well for this 136------- .
Strong writing skills, assertiveness, and accuracy 137----- in my last two jobs. I am also able to work effectively with coworkers, especially in a fast-paced environment.
I appreciate the time you took to 138----- me. I look forward to hearing from you when you make your final hiring decision.
(A) The job seems like an ideal match for my skills and interests.
(B) The company had an outstanding reputation nationally.
(C) Note that I have applied for a number of other jobs as well.
(D) Please contact me to discuss additional scheduling options.
(A) all requiring
(B) had all required
(C) all requirements
(D) were all required
Questions 139-142 refer to the following Web page.
Protection & Conservation
The Gamer Museum of Art (GMA) ensures the preservation of its collection by carefully 139------ the lighting of its galleries. Certain artifacts – many of which are thousands of years old – are partlcularly sensitive to light. 140-----, the museum does not showcase any of its pieces in areas with windows.
Nor does it keep artwork in areas with certain kinds of 141------- potentially harmful bulbs. 142------- . By taking such measures, the GMA hopes that its collection will be enjoyed for generations to come.
(A) After ail
(B) For instance
(C) On the contrary
(D) For this reason
(A) Therefore, the museum will place some of its older pieces on loan.
(B) Also, flash photography is not permitted.
(C) Only a few staff members possess these special skills.
(D) Unfortunately, it can be difficult to determine an object’s age.
Questions 143-146 refer to the following e-mail.
To: All Managers
From: Bert Pizarro
Date: October 10
Subject: Staff banquet
December is quickly approaching, and the Human Resources team is working out the details for this year’s staff banquet. As you know, this 143------ event is an opportunity for us to thank our entire staff for their service and to reflect on the past twelve months. In addition, it will provide everyone with the opportunity 144----- time with their colleagues in a relaxed social setting.
We know that the distance to last year’s banquet in Riverdale made it difficult for several employees to attend the event. To make it easier for everyone to participate in this celebration, we are looking
For a “Tae, that is closer to our office building. 146------
We plan to send out further details soon.
Human Resources Manager
(A) to spend
(B) having spent
(D) will spend
(A) Driving directions are attached.
(B) We apologize for the confusion.
(C) Please reply with any suggestions.
(D) Remember to confirm your attendance.
#hochay #hoctienganh #hocanhvanonline #luyenthitienganh #hocgioitienganh #apphoctienganh #webhoctienganh #detienganhonline #nguphaptienganh #nguphapIELTS #GrammarforIELTS #grammarIELTSforwriting