Directions: A word or phrase is missing in each of the sentences below. Four answer choices are given below each sentence. Select the best answer to complete the sentence. Then mark the letter (A), (B), (C), or (D) on your answer sheet.
101. Ms. Durkin asked for volunteers to help ........ with the employee fitness program.
102. Lasner Electronics’ staff have extensive ........ of current hardware systems.
103. ........ a year, Tarrin Industrial Supply audits the accounts of all of its factories.
104. Ms. Pham requested a refund ........ the coffeemaker she received was damaged.
105. Information ........ the artwork in the lobby is available at the reception desk.
106. With the Gema XTI binoculars, users can ........ see objects that are more than 100 meters away.
107. The Physical Therapy Association is committed to keeping costs ........ for its certification programs.
108. Mr. Brennel ........ positions in various areas of the company before he became president.
109. To remain on schedule, editors must submit all ........ to the book to the authors by Friday.
110. ........ industry professionals are allowed to purchase tickets to the Kuo Photography Fair.
111. At Pharmbeck’s banquet, Mr. Jones ........ a trophy for his performance in this year‘s quality-improvement initiative.
(B ) congratulated
(D ) hoped
112. Ms. Suto claims that important market trends become ........ with the use of data analysis.
(A ) predict
(B ) prediction
113. One of Grommer Consulting’s goals is to enhance the relationship ........ salespeople and their customers.
(B ) within
114. Depending on your answers to the survey, we ........ you to collect additional information.
(A) may call
(B) are calling
(C) have been called
(D) must be calling
115. ........ Jemburger opened its newest franchise, the first 100 customers were given free hamburgers.
(C) As if
(D) After all
116. Please include the serial number of your product in any ........ with the customer service department.
(B ) correspondence
117. The award-winning film Underwater Secrets promotes awareness ........ ocean pollution and its effects on our planet.
(C ) from
(D ) with
118. BYF Company specializes in ........ promotional items to help companies advertise their brand.
(D ) personalizes
119. ........ the rent increase is less than 2 percent, Selwin Electrical Supply will continue to lease the space.
(A) As long as
(B) Along with
(C ) Not only
120. Belden Hospital’s chief of staff meets regularly with the staff to ensure that procedures ........ correctly.
(A) to be performed
(B ) would have performed
(C ) had been performed
(D) are being performed
121. Any requests for time off should be addressed to the ........ department supervisor.
122. World Fish Supply delivers the freshest fish possible thanks to innovative ........ and shipping methods.
123. Company executives are currently reviewing the annual budget ........ submitted to them by the Financial Planning department.
124. Even the CEO had to admit that Prasma Designs’ win was ........ the result of fortunate timing.
125. Mr. Singh took notes on ........ the focus group discussed during the morning session.
126. Last year, Tadaka Computer Solutions ranked third ........ in regional earnings.
127. ........ the popularity of the BPT39 wireless speaker, production will be increased fivefold starting next month.
(A) On behalf of
(D) As a result of
128. Zypo Properties has just signed a lease agreement with the law firm ........ offices are on the third floor.
129. ........ events this year caused profits in the second and third quarters to differ significantly from original projections.
130. The timeline for the pathway lighting project was extended to ........ input from the environmental commission.
(A) use up
(B) believe in
(C) make into
(D) allow for
Questions 131-134 refer to the following advertisement.
With Global Strength Gym’s 30-day trial period, you get the opportunity to try out our classes, equipment, and facilities. 131. ........ . It’s completely risk-free! To sign up, we require your contact information and payment details, but you will only be charged if you are a member for 132. ........ 30 days. If you decide within this time that you no longer want to be a member of Global Strength, 135. ........ visit our Web site at www.gsgym.com. On the Membership page, elect to 134. ........your membership and enter the necessary information. It’s that easy!
(A) Throughout the trial, you pay nothing and sign no contract
(B) Weight-lifting classes are not currently available.
(C) A cash deposit is required when you sign up for membership.
(D) All questions should be e-mailed to email@example.com.
(A) not even
(D) less than
Questions 135-138 refer to the following instructions.
As a Hanson-Roves employee, you are entitled to sick absences, during which you will be paid for time off work for health 135........ . To avoid deductions to your pay, you 136......... provide a physician-signed note as documentation of your illness. 137 ........ should include the date you were seen by the doctor, a statement certifying that you are unable to perform the duties of your position, and your expected date of return. Your supervisor will then forward the documentation to Human Resources.138 ........ . Employee health records can be accessed only by those with a valid business reason for reviewing them.
(A) were required
(C) are required
(D) are requiring
(A) Hanson-Roves ensures the privacy of your health information.
(B) Absences may be caused by a number of factors.
(C) You should then explain why a physician’s note is not available.
(D) Take note of the duties you were originally assigned.
Questions 139-142 refer to the following e-mail.
Date: 15 July
Subject: Your first day at Arolis
Dear Mr. Contini,
Welcome to Arolis Chemicals! Thank you for 139 ........ the full-time, permanent position of laboratory assistant. We look forward to your arrival on 1 August in the Harris Building. Please report to the front desk and ask for Jack McNoian. He 140 ........ you to the Human Resources office. There, you will obtain your employee badge 141 ........ all documents necessary to start work. Note that because of its large size, the Leicester campus of Arolis can be difficult to navigate. Studying a campus map will help orient you to the location of the different buildings, 142 ........ .
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
HR Administrative Ofﬁcer
(B) did accompany
(D) will accompany
C) as well as
(A) Please sign all the documents.
(B) I will provide you with a replacement.
(C) Construction will be completed next year.
(D) You can download one from our Web site.
Questions 143-146 refer to the following article.
(18 ApriI)—MKZ Foods, Inc., the region's largest exporter of pecans, expects its outgoing shipments to increase significantly over the next few months. This 143 ……….. is based on the fact that the region's pecan farmers expanded their land area by 20 percent last year. According to spokesperson Katharina Seiler. MKZ's exports could reach a colossal 50,000 metric tons this year ........ .
MKZ buys most of the yield from the region’s pecan farms and processes it 145 ……….. export throughout the world. “The availability of new land for 146 ........ in the region is creating opportunities for growth,” said Ms. Seiler. “I believe MKZ is going to have a truly outstanding year."
(A) Such a figure is unprecedented in the company‘s history.
(B) Moreover, Ms. Seiler holds an advanced degree in economics.
(C) Pecans are high in vitamins and minerals.
(D) Still, MKZ shares have been profitable in recent years.
#hochay #hoctienganh #hocanhvanonline #luyenthitienganh #hocgioitienganh #apphoctienganh #webhoctienganh #detienganhonline #nguphaptienganh #luyenthitoeic #etsTOEIC #TOEIC