Directions: A word or phrase is missing in each of the sentences below. Four answer choices are given below each sentence. Select the best answer to complete the sentence. Then mark the letter (A),(B), (C), or (D) on your answer sheet.
101. Please contact the product distributor, not the retail store, if ------- need replacement parts.
(A ) your
(B ) you
102. AGU Group’s insurance rates have remained steady .......... the last three years.
(D ) for
103. Sage Bistro‘s menu features a .......... variety of seafood items than Almaner Pavilion’s.
104. Frequent training enables our technicians to resolve most computer problems .......... .
105. Most of the manufacturing sector has reported higher profits as a result of the trade .......... .
106. The cooking instructions call for reducing the heat and letting the sauce simmer .......... it thickens.
107. The Cullingford Bridge took a .......... short amount of time to be repaired.
(B ) surprisingly
(C ) surprising
108. The company‘s summer picnic is .......... held outside town, in Warren County Lakeside Park.
109. Ms. Navarro wants to fill the administrative assistant .......... as soon as possible.
110. The item that Ms. Bak ordered from our catalog is .......... until 16 October.
111. Kespi Brand cookies, delicious by .......... , are even better when paired with a glass of milk.
112. The North India Electricians Association .......... various online courses covering licensure, safety, and technology.
113. The latest survey shows that our downtown store is more .......... for local shoppers than our suburban location.
114. Weaving Fire is the most popular television show .......... women ages 18—34.
115. .......... a designer has completed a prototype product, the rest of the team will be invited to critique it.
(A) 80 that
116. Rather than archiving routine e-mails, please delete them .......... .
117. Mr. Khana made a phone call yesterday during which he .......... for the delay in the shipment of the clothing order.
(A) to apologize
(D) will be apologizing
118. Following many months of research, the marketing team finally decided on a .......... for the new perfume bottle.
119. For more information about product warranties or .......... your new appliance please contact customer service.
(A) to register
120. There will be a software upgrade tomorrow, .......... please back up any important files you have stored on the server.
121. Ambassador Chaturvedi wrote in his memoir that his parents taught him to do each job well, .......... it was.
122. Yields from your garden will .......... rise as you add Natrium Compost to the soil.
123. The Tokyo division handles product .......... and customer service for the company.
124. Our newest executive assistant will be responsible for .......... between the marketing and accounting departments.
125. Hemlin Corporation is looking for a sales representative .......... primary role will be expanding business in the northwest region.
126. To eliminate .......... inventory of winter outerwear, Ashley Fashions has cut prices on all coats, hats, and scarves.
127. Search the Labesse Financial Web site for the most current and detailed .......... of investment options.
(C) to explain
128. The last paragraph .......... to have been added to the contract as an afterthought.
129. Unless the shipment of tiles arrives early, work on the lobby floor .......... after the holiday.
(A) has commenced
(C) will commence
130. Neeson Pro garments are made of a synthetic blend that is .......... t0 staining.
Directions: Read the texts that follow. A word, phrase, or sentence is missing in parts of each text. Four answer choices for each question are given below the text. Select the best answer to complete the text. Then mark the letter (A), (B), (C), or (D) on your answer sheet.
Questions 131 -1 34 refer to the following memo.
To: All Employees
Subject: Server Maintenance Reminder
Date: March 11
Please be advised it is time for the IT department to 131……….. mandatory server maintenance and updates. 132………. . There will be no Internet service in the building from 7:00 PM. Wednesday, March 12, until 9:00 A.M. Thursday, March 13. In addition, please note there will be no remote access available. Therefore, you will not be able to log in t0 the server from outside the office. 133.......... this regularly scheduled maintenance, you will not have access to your e-mail, calendar, or contacts. Employees should plan accordingly. We 134……….. any inconvenience this may cause.
131. (A) suggest
(A) The updates will be e-mailed to all employees.
(B) Please reply if you would like to participate.
(C) The process will begin tomorrow evening.
(D) A memo will be distributed indicating the start time.
Questions 135-138 refer to the following letter.
Ms. Anna Sohoorl
3011 AV Rotterdam
Dear Ms. Schoorl,
Congratulations on your remarkable 135…………. in the Netherlands, Belgium, and Luxembourg. Your region has improved its on-time delivery performance for each of the past seven quarters. 136……….
I am pleased to offer you a promotion to Director of European Operations. The position 137………. in Hamburg, Germany. I realize that relocating may be difficult for you. 138………., I certainly hope that you will take time to consider this opportunity. Please call me at your earliest convenience so that we can discuss any concerns you may have. Thank you for being a part of the Unocity Shipping family.
Xia Hsu, Director of Operations
Unocity Shipping, Inc.
(A) Such work deserves recognition.
(B) Please meet with your assistant.
(C) It was shipped about a week ago.
(D) I will be in Belgium next month.
(A) was based
(B) is based
(A) In addition
(B) For instance
Questions 139-142 refer to the following e—mail.
To: Wu Investment Services employees
From: Eileen Suen, Office Manager
Re: Jacob Wu
Date: 15 August
To All Staff,
As many of you are aware, Jacob Wu, our long-standing Chief Executive Officer, 139……….. on 1 October. Twenty years ago, Mr. Wu set out to create a Hong Kong-based services ﬁrm with an international scope. 140…….. . Wu Investment Services currently serves Clients in seventeen countries, 95 percent of whom have chosen to invest with us for the long term.
Mr. Wu will be 141…….. by Thomas Wu, his son, who has served as Vice President of Wu Investment Services for the past four years. A gathering will be held on 28 September to celebrate Mr. Wu’s 142…….. career. I will send further information about the event closer to the date. Thank you.
(B) will be retiring
(C) would retire
(D) was to retire
(A) You will soon receive a formal invitation.
(B) The event will take place in the staff room.
(C) He certainly achieved his goal,
(D) There, he graduated with academic distinction.
141. (A) succeeded
Questions 143-146 refer to the following memo.
From: Madeleine DeVries, Director of Operations
To: All Employees
Date: June 1
Re: Travel Policy
To help reduce 143………… , the officers have voted to change the company’s travel policy. The revised policy will be 144………… on June 15. From that point forward, employees traveling within the country will be required to submit their travel requests to the accounting ofﬁce no later than three weeks before the d ate of departure 145………… .
146…………exceptions to this policy will be decided on a case—by—case basis and must first be approved by the individual employee‘s supervisor.
(A) The accounting office will be closed for renovations next week.
(B) Travel is important for maintaining relationships with clients.
(C) The officers periodically review and revise key company policies.
(D) Requests for international travel must be sent at least one month in advance.
#hochay #hoctienganh #hocanhvanonline #luyenthitienganh #hocgioitienganh #apphoctienganh #webhoctienganh #detienganhonline #nguphaptienganh #luyenthitoeic #etsTOEIC #ETSToeic2019