Directions: A word or phrase is missing in each of the sentences below. Four answer choices are given below each sentence. Select the best answer to complete the sentence. Then mark the letter (A), (B), (C), or (D) on your answer sheet.
101. The regional manager will arrive tomorrow, so please ensure that all ........ documents are ready.
102. The historic Waldridge Building was constructed nearly 200 years ........ .
103. Consumers ........ enthusiastically to the new colors developed by Sanwell Paint.
104. The ……….. files contain your employment contract and information about our company.
105. Please submit each reimbursement request ........ according to its category, as outlined in last month's memo.
106. Customers can wait in the reception area ........ our mechanics complete the car repairs.
107. No one without a pass will be granted ……….. to the conference.
(8) is admitting
(D) to admit
108. To receive an electronic reminder when payment is due, set up an online account ........ Albright Bank.
109. The registration fee is ........ refundable up to two weeks prior to the conference date.
110. All identifying information has been ........ from this letter of complaint so that it can be used for training purposes.
(A ) produced
111. ........ this time next year, Larkview Technology will have acquired two new subsidiaries.
112. Table reservations for ........ greater than ten must be made at least one day in advance.
113. Because of ........ weather conditions, tonight’s concert in Harbin Park has been canceled.
114. Ms. AI—Omani will rely …………….. team leaders to develop employee incentive programs.
115. Survey ........ analyze the layout of a land area above and below ground level.
(B ) technically
116. ........ assemble your Gessen product, first read all instructions and gather all required tools.
(A) For the purpose of
(B ) To be sure
(C) in order to
(D) For example
117. Online shoppers who experience long waits for their orders tend ........ the business low ratings.
(A) have given
(B ) gave
(C ) to give
118. ........ of the new Delran train station will begin in late September.
The computing power of the new laptop is
119. …………. to any desktop computer in the same price range.
(C ) comparison
(D ) comparable
120. Dr. Yuina Hashimoto recently added another doctor to her practice, ........ allowing more patients to be seen.
(B ) thus
(D) so that
121. Graden Hotel ........ its superior reputation thanks to the leadership of its president, Marcia Clemente.
122. Aki Katsuro’s latest novel is his most exciting ........ and is sure to make Radin Books’ best—seller list.
123. Thanks ........ to pastry chef Ana Villagra, Lauducci’s Restaurant has become a favorite with local patrons.
124. At Crintack Manufacturing, we acknowledge our ........ to provide a safe workplace for our employees.
125. ........ Mr. Donovan had expected the charity event to be a success, the response from the community still overwhelmed him.
(C) Even so
(D) In spite of
126. This free mobile app provides ........ calendar updates, so salespeople will never miss an appointment.
127. Most senior managers approved the architect’s proposal for the office layout, although ........ expressed concerns about the cost.
(B) one another
(C) each other
128. Greenville Library has hired an office assistant not only to perform general office duties ........ to support an ongoing special project.
(A) but also
(B) only if
(C) other than
(D) as for
129. The lease with The Pawlicki Group ........ if modifications to the existing offices are made.
(A) had continued
(B) will be continued
(C) was continuing
(D) has been continuing
130. Wrazen Associates ........ a summary with a list of recommendations as a routine part of any audit.
Directions: Read the texts that follow. A word, phrase, or sentence is missing in parts of each text. Four answer choices for each question are given below the text. Select the best answer to complete the text. Then mark the letter (A), (B), (C), or (D) on your answer sheet.
Questions 131-134 refer to the following e-mail.
From: Facilities Department
To: All Staff
Subject: AC issues
Date: 4 February
Please be advised that an equipment contractor, Torrono Sheet Metal, is scheduled to start work on the chiller enclosure at the rear of the building tomorrow morning. The contractor will be installing a steel cover to 131………….. protect the inner workings of our heating and cooling equipment. Expect to see technicians entering and leaving the building repeatedly, carting large machine parts and tools. There will be some noise associated with this project, and we ask for your patience. 132………….. , you should probably look for on-street parking. The contractor's vans 133………….. much of the driveway 134…………..
Jorge Carreras, Facilities Director
(A) As a result
(A) are blocking
(B) will block
(C) had blocked
(A) Send us your suggestions for a new facility.
(B) I am writing to let you know about a maintenance issue.
(C) Rather, they were not my first choice for this contract.
(D) The work is expected to be completed by 2:00 PM.
Questions 135-138 refer to the following e—mail.
To: Melina Ramos Sandoval
Date: 25 October
Subject: Registration complete
Dear Ms. Sandoval.
Welcome to the Source Work jobs network, the leading online career matching service. Your e-mail address, work experience, and preferences 135…………. in our database. This information will be used to identify employers who are seeking job candidates just like 136………. . In the future, you will receive periodic notifications about open positions in your area.
137……….. Therefore, we will not share your name or address with anyone. At any point, you can select the link at the bottom of any e-mail you receive from us to unsubscribe or change your e-mail preferences. Thank you for 138………. . If you have any questions or comments, feel free to contact us.
The Source Work team
(A) they record
(B) are recording
(C) that the record
(D) have been recorded
(A) Privacy is important to us.
(B) Finding the perfect job can be difficult.
(C) Our jobs database is updated weekly.
(D) Your resume has recently been reviewed.
Questions 139-142 refer to the following memo.
From: Noora Simola, Vice President of Operations
To: All Employees
Date: February 8
Re: Payroll changes
Beginning on March 15, we will be using a new payroll service that will affect a number of our current payroll processes. First, weekly payroll checks will be mailed on Thursday instead of Friday. Direct-deposit payroll payments will also be processed a day 139………. . Second, pay stubs for direct-deposit payments will no longer be e-mailed. Instead, employees will be able to 140……….. this information by accessing their payroll accounts online.
Other processes will remain the same. All time cards will continue to be due to the payroll department by Monday at 6:00 PM. 141 …….. . A complete, updated list of instructions for payroll procedures 142…….. to all employees on or before March 1. If you have any questions before then, please contact Leonti Belousov at ext. 5810.
(A) Please note the change of day and time.
(B) Most employees begin work at 8:00 A.M.
(C) The payroll department is not operational.
(D) Old time card forms will also still be valid.
(A) will distribute
(B) will be distributed
(C) was distributed
Questions 143-146 refer to the following article.
Tasty Treat in Kentron
Kentron’s own Groovato Gelato was founded in 2010 when Luciano Algieri, an Italian immigrant to the United States, bought a 143………. on Coverby Avenue. The building had previously housed the Hopscotch ice Cream Company, and Algieri was able to hire many former Hopscotch employees. Teaching 144........ ice-cream crafters to make gelato proved to be an easy task.
145………… his product, Algieri started with an old family recipe. He then enhanced the flavor with secret ingredients plus unusual combinations of fruits and nuts. 146........ .
There are now three store locations in the Kentron area. Residents are lucky to have this gem!
(A) To create
(C) Had created
(A) Banana walnut is slightly more expensive.
(B) Some people still prefer Hopscotch ice cream.
(C) The result is a rich and satisfying mixture of flavors.
(D) Please try a sample and give us your feedback.
#hochay #hoctienganh #hocanhvanonline #luyenthitienganh #hocgioitienganh #apphoctienganh #webhoctienganh #detienganhonline #nguphaptienganh #luyenthitoeic #etsTOEIC #ETSToeic2019