Directions: A word or phrase is missing in each of the sentences below. Four answer choices are given below each sentence. Select the best answer to complete the sentence. Then mark the letter (A), (B), (C), (D) on your answer sheet.
101. Ms. Tillinghast has received several awards ........ her innovative ideas.
102. Using proper techniques to ........ items drastically reduces the risk of back injury.
103. Restaurants in Rondale must follow all ........ health guidelines.
104. Sinee’s Catering is always ........ to deliver outstanding food to your special events.
105. A ........ way to support economic growth in Ludlow City is to shop at area businesses.
106. A record number of appliance ........ came into the Port of Reece last month.
107. At Sloat Publishing, interns are assigned to a ........ of positions with increasing responsibility.
108. The conference fee ........ admittance to more than twenty workshops and seminars.
(C) is included
109. Cabinetmaker Finley Orcheta uses the finest woodworking machines imported ........ Denmark.
110. Senior hotel manager salaries differ ........ by company, location. and experience.
111. Pantep, Inc., works ........ with customers to establish long-term partnerships.
112. Adalet Farm’s unique method of irrigating vegetables has proved to be ........ effective.
113. Customers who submit payments ........ March 10 will be charged a late fee.
114. The poll shows how often company executives make financial decisions that are ........ by employee opinions.
115. Prices at Taylor City Books are ........ lower than at other online bookstores.
(A) more significant
116. The ........ of this workshop is to equip business leaders with the tools to make prudent financial decisions.
117. A marketing campaign was designed to target ........ of the three demographics we identified.
118. ........ food critics recommend ZJ’s Bistro as the best restaurant in the area, most local residents prefer Dree’s Cafe.
(C) 80 that
119. Green Grocer customers should request assistance from staff instead of removing products from the top shelves ........ ,
(B) their own
120. Skovent Products‘ sales revenue showed a ........ improvement at the end of last quarter.
121. Before work can begin at the construction site, the ........ permit applications must be processed.
(B ) relevantly
122. During negotiations, Mr. DuPont insisted that price ........ be implemented without delay.
(B ) institutions
123. After the team meeting next week, Ms. Li ........ whether the project deadline needs to be changed.
(A ) to decide
(C) will decide
(D) has decided
124. ........ the proposal for the Southside Library garden was incomplete and had an unclear timetable, it was rejected.
(C ) While
(D ) Unless
125. As the rental agreement with the Smith Group is set ........ soon, the available office space can be advertised.
(B) to expire
(C) will have expired
126. Any furniture purchased at Marty’s Superstore throughout February will be delivered ........ five business days.
127. The manager presented data on employee performance with ........ on measurable achievements.
128. Even employees who ........ were not familiar with the new software programhave found it easy to use.
129. Supervisors will not ........ approve time off for employees during peak operational months.
130. Toronto is one of three cities being ........ as the host for the next convention of the Global Society of Accountants.
(A ) found
(B ) categorized
(C ) known
Directions: Read the texts that follow. A word, phrase, or sentence is missing in parts of each text. Four answer choices for each question are given below the text. Select the best answer to complete the text. Then mark the letter (A), (B), (C), or (D) on your answer sheet.
Questions 131-134 refer to the following announcement.
We are pleased to announce that the installation of the new manufacturing equipment in our main plant has been completed. The new machines 131………….. work ﬂow by allowing for flexibility in production. With six mixing tanks of 132……….. sizes, we expect to be able to fill a wider range of orders, from small to very large. This 133……….. is an important way to ensure that Balm Manufacturing continues to be a leader in the fragrance industry.
134……….. Jim Martel, who is organizing this effort, will contact each of you soon with details.
(A) have been improved
(B) were improving
(C) will improve
(A) Supervisors completed a tour of the plant yesterday.
(B) Unfortunately, the installation cost more than we had anticipated.
(C) As you are aware, our industry is increasingly competitive.
(D) All personnel must be trained on the new equipment by the end of the month.
Questions 135-138 refer to the following Web page.
Marketing your business can be confusing. Newspapers and magazines are 135……….. useful venues for advertising. 136…….. , social media platforms have become even more critical marketing outlets. Kate Wei Communications utilizes both traditional outlets and the latest communication platforms 137…….. . In addition to exceptional print services, Kate Wei Communications has the expertise to help you 138........ your online presence. Why wait? Choose our award-winning firm to strengthen your company’s image today!
(A) As a result
(B) To demonstrate
(A) Marketing professionals give conflicting advice.
(B) Traditional methods have the best impact.
(C) We will develop a diverse plan for your business.
(D) We have recently changed our terms of service.
Questions 139-142 refer to the following e-mail.
To: Emily Swanton <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Arnold Hansen <AHansen@poltonfairgrounds.org>
Subject: Polton Farm Fair
Date: June 2
This e-mail serves as a receipt for your registration 139………. confirms your participation in the Seventeenth Annual Polton County Farm Fair from July 14 to July 16. As a returning exhibitor, Swanton Farm Feed will be offered 140…………. space at a discounted rate.
Please be aware of a new requirement when preparing your space. This year, all booths must be completely ready by 8 PM. on July 13. 141………. . Tables will be provided by the organizer, as in past years.
Thank you once again for your participation in our 142………. .
Arnold Hansen, Assistant Coordinator
Polton County Farm Fair
(B) rather than
(C) in case
(D) and also
(A) This includes the removal of trash and packing materials.
(B) The number of food vendors has increased in recent years.
(C) The exact schedule will be announced later.
(D) The Livestock Pavilion will be located next to the south exit.
142. (A) discovery
Questions 143-146 refer to the following article.
Sparkle Pro Enterprises Opens American Factory
MANCHESTER (10 April)—Sparkle Pro Enterprises, a leading Belgium-based 143………….. of cleaning products, is expanding its territory. The company has just opened its first plant in the United States, in Indianapolis. For more than forty years, Sparkle Pro has been making and distributing household and industrial Cleaners to a wide range of vendors, including retail outlets and hotel chains, throughout Europe 144………...
The Indianapolis facility will require the company to hire 300 additional employees 145……….. the end of this year in order for it to achieve full capacity. According to Egon Bretz, the new director of North American operations, Sparkle Pro is confident that it will be able to train a large number of personnel quickly. Mr. Bretz expects no significant 146……….. in meeting these needs.
(A) Water-based cleaners have become more expensive.
(B) The company’s Web site lists all of its major vendors.
(C) The hotels are conveniently located in most cities.
(D) Other factory facilities were gradually sold.
#hochay #hoctienganh #hocanhvanonline #luyenthitienganh #hocgioitienganh #apphoctienganh #webhoctienganh #detienganhonline #nguphaptienganh #luyenthitoeic #etsTOEIC #ETSToeic2019