Directions: A word or phrase is missing in each of the sentences below. Four answer choices are given below each sentence. Select the best answer to complete the sentence. Then mark the letter (A), (B), (C), or (D) on your answer sheet.
101. If .......... are not satisfied with an item, return it for a full refund within 30 days of purchase.
102. The location of next month’s online gaming forum is yet to be .......... .
103. Guests were .......... with the table decorations for the company banquet.
104. The Shubert Company is .......... effective at helping power plants reduce their carbon dioxide emissions.
105. Mr. Hodges .......... that volunteers sign up to assist with the Hannock River cleanup by Friday.
(B) to be requested
(D) to request
106. Last year, the Daejeon English News .......... the number of readers by adding a digital subscription option.
107. Before the updated design can go into.......... , it must be approved by management.
108. The economic development summit will be held .......... the Xi’an Trade Tower on September 22.
109. Inclement weather was .......... responsible for the low turnout at Saturday’s Exton Music Festival.
(A ) largely
(B ) large
110. Our most recent survey was sent to clients just last week, .......... it is too soon to send another one.
(A ) when
(B ) since
111. .......... necklace that is shipped from Gillis Designers is given a thorough quality check.
112. Ms. Valdez’ sales numbers are good .......... for her to be considered for the employee-of-the-month award.
(D ) enough
113. Aaron Park’s new book features photographs of homes designed and built by the homeowners ...........
(C ) themselves
(D ) ourselves
114. It is .......... for the audience to hold its applause until the speaker has finished.
(A ) enthusiastic
(B ) casual
115. Despite ..........that Legend Air would perform poorly with the entry of cheaper competition, it posted strong second—quarter earnings.
(B ) predictable
116. Mr. Nigam was .......... retirement when his boss asked him to be the head of security at the new facility.
(B ) ahead of
(D ) close to
117. Main Street Restaurant offers a menu of .......... prepared lunch and dinner meals.
118. .......... our public relations manager. Ms. Ghazarian has just been appointed vice president of media relations.
119. Videos of Korean pop music have become very popular .......... adolescents worldwide.
(B ) whereas
(D ) within
120. Milante Shoes ..........altered the firm’s marketing strategy after a recent economic shift.
121. The annual report has been posted online, .......... the director’s office has not yet received a printed copy.
122. Hasin Fariz turned a study on the .......... effects of sleep into a best—selling book.
123. Wynston Containers is .......... a yearly shutdown of its factory so that it can be evaluated for safety and efficiency.
124. The Girard Botanical Archive has almost 300,000 plant .........., all neatly pressed onto archival paper.
125. Hotels and universities are ..........to recycle their used mattresses through the city‘s recycling program.
126. The .......... to review plans to replace the Tronton Bridge will be scheduled soon.
127. Kovox Ltd. aims to optimize quality .......... reducing the impact on the environment.
128. The grocery store ..........vegetables from out of town until local prices went down last month.
(A) is buying
(B) will be buying
(C) has been buying
(D) had been buying
129. All Hershel Industries employees must have a valid ID card .......... enter the building.
(A) in order to
(B) as long as
130. .......... and cost factored equally in choosing Cantavox as our main supplier.
Directions: Read the texts that follow. A word, phrase, or sentence is missing in parts of each text. Four answer choices for each question are given below the text. Select the best answer to complete the text. Then mark the letter (A), (B), (C), or (D) on your answer sheet.
Questions 131 -1 34 refer to the following letter.
Dear PGD Account Holder,
PGD Bank strives 131…………. the highest levels of client security and service. This applies not only to online- and telephone-based services, but also to our brick-and-mortar locations. Our three branch offices have proudly been a part of the community 132………. a combined total of 40 years. To assist you even better in the future, our Smithville branch will be temporarily closed for renovations July 8. 133………. . In the meantime, our other two regional branches in Pine Grove and Bradford will maintain normal business 134 ………. . We value your feedback and will respond to any concerns that you may have as soon as possible.
Edwin Chen, Operations Manager
(A) to provide
(D) to be provided
(A ) Unfortunately, services will be limited.
( B) We thank you for trusting in PGD Bank over these years.
(C) We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
(D) Traffic on the boulevard has increased lately
Questions 135-138 refer to the following e—mail.
To: Samuel Archerson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: James Darrers <email@example.com>
Date: 10 January
Subject: Cost Accountant position
Dear Mr. Archerson,
Thank you for taking the time to meet with me today. l 135………… our conversation, and I remain very interested in the position of cost accountant. I would welcome the opportunity to return for the third and ﬁnal round of 136……….
I am confident my years of accounting experience would benefit your firm. As discussed, over the last ten years, I have helped many companies save a 137……… amount of money. I am especially adept at analysing the day—to—day operations of a business and helping to determine more cost—effective methods.
I checked regarding your question about a potential start date. 138……… . l hope to hear from you in the near future. Sincerely,
(D) will enjoy
(A) I have four additional questions to ask you.
(B) l would be able to begin during the first week of February.
(C) I am confident I have the potential for this position.
(D) Thank you for the offer of employment.
Questions 139-142 refer to the following e-mail.
To: Mason Wu <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Trent Tuiloma <email@example.com>
Subject: Canterbury Airport project
Date: Monday, 2 July
Dear Mr. Wu,
Thank you for agreeing to consult on the Canterbury Airport redesign project. 139………. .As a result, I am particularly eager to hear your ideas about upgrading our main terminal. Can we meet this week? There are a number of 140……. restaurants near my office. If you are available this Friday, we could meet at Celia's Cafe on Cumberland Street. I would also like a few of my colleagues to 141..........us. They would appreciate 142..........ways to enhance the airport user's experience.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Chairman, Canterbury Airport Redesign Team
(A) I can meet you when you arrive.
(B) Scheduling flights can be quite tricky.
(C) l have long admired your work on regional airports.
(D) There are several dining options at the airport.
(A) to discuss
Questions 143-146 refer to the following article.
SHIRESBERRY (February 15)—The second annual Shiresberry Film Festival begins on April 18 and 143.......... for five weeks. This year’s offerings will not be limited to entries from North America and Europe. We will also be presenting 144…………… from Asia and South America. And everyone’s favorite feature from last year’s festival will be back: directors and screenwriters will hold question—and-answer sessions after their films’ initial screening. Make sure you do not miss this 145………… event. Tickets always sell out quickly. 146………… Shiresberry Film Club members can now purchase priority tickets. Visit the Shiresberry Theater box office or www.shiresberrytheater.com.
(B) has run
(C) will run
(C) food on
(A) The awards will be presented by Hunter Johns.
(B) Renovations to the space are nearly complete.
(C) The later offerings were an even bigger success.
(D) Sales are open to the general public March 3.
#hochay #hoctienganh #hocanhvanonline #luyenthitienganh #hocgioitienganh #apphoctienganh #webhoctienganh #detienganhonline #nguphaptienganh #luyenthitoeic #etsTOEIC #ETSToeic2019