Directions: A word or phrase is missing in each of the sentences below. Four answer choices are given below each sentence. Select the best answer to complete the sentence. Then mark the letter (A), (B), (C), or (D) on your answer sheet.
101. Ms. Villanueva has extensive experience in corporate ------- and budgeting.
102. Because Mr. Lewis works so ......... , he was given a pay raise.
103. Full of old-fashioned charm, the Bronstad Inn ......... offers modern conveniences.
104. Franklin Bookstore will be moving next month ......... a larger location on Queen
105. Marine Hou ......... considered becoming an actor before deciding to write plays instead.
106. On Fixit Time‘s Web site, homeowners will find economical solutions for ......... repairs.
107. Walter Keegan was ......... hired as a salesperson, but he soon became head of the marketing department.
108. Durr Island has become popular with tourists …………… its rich culture of art and music.
(A) provided that
(B) because of
109. While he is not enthusiastic about the suggestions. Mr. Shang ......... them.
(B) to consider
(C) will consider
110. The design ......... of Tavalyo Toys has been relocated to the company’s headquarters.
111. The Merrick Travel Agency organizes tours of national monuments and other ......... sites in the St. Petersburg area.
112. The MHS wireless speaker not only works with smartphones ......... is waterproof as well.
113. Assistant managers are largely responsible for the day-to-day operations in .........departments.
114. Customers must ......... review the terms of the fitness center’s membership agreement before they sign it.
115. We made a ......... estimate of how many tourists to expect in the coming month.
116. Once they have completed three years of employment, the workers at Loruja ......... additional vacation time.
117. ......... has time at the end of the day should make sure that all of the file cabinets are locked.
118. North River Linens promises next—day shipping ......... Asia.
119. ......... last year, the unpublished novel by Martin Sim has attracted intense interest from several publishing companies.
120. Hoonton Realty clients can search property listings in ......... neighborhood by using a special online database.
121. Exceptional service is what sets our hotels apart from those of our ......... .
122. The Internet connection will be closely monitored ......... the source of the slowdown can be confirmed.
(C) due to
(D) just as
123. Thank you for being one of Danton Transportation’s most ......... customers over the past ten years.
124. Mr. Tang is a successful recruiter because he can quickly ......... talented sales agents from the rest.
125. Ms. Penner assured us that ......... work stopped during the power failure, production targets would be met.
126. Please provide the exact dimensions of the custom fence you would like built, and your quote will be adjusted ......... .
127. The vice president of Chestonville Bank believes that ......... employees is vital to the company‘s success.
128. The ......... for the city council’s Monday meeting is posted on the municipal Web site by 3:00 PM. on the preceding Friday.
129. The building inspector declared the new facility ......... sound and ready to open.
130. Dr. Huertas received the ......... Brighton Award for her groundbreaking work in plant biology.
Directions: Read the texts that follow. A word, phrase, or sentence is missing in parts of each text. Four answer choices for each question are given below the text. Select the best answer to complete the text. Then mark the letter (A), (B), (C), or (D) on your answer sheet.
Questions 131-134 refer to the following e-mail.
To: All Staff
From: George Ruiz
Date: Wednesday, 18 July
Subject: important guests
Food critics from two 131……… newspapers, the Toronto Day and Toronto Rising, are expected to dine here this week. Let's make a special effort to do our work flawlessly. Photographs of the critics will be placed at our welcome station. Using these 132…… . hosts will be responsible for identifying the critics and telling the wait staff, who should alert the kitchen. Servers must strive to be prompt. They should also recommend our daily specials. 133……
I am confident that everyone 134…… these critics with our great food and service.
(D) more locally
(A) These are the most creative dishes we offer.
(B) We have already placed an advertisement.
(C) Work schedules are posted by the rear entrance.
(D) One of them was unhappy with the timing.
(B) will impress
(C) is impressing
(D) has impressed
Questions 135-138 refer to the following article.
Cherville Simplifies Local Tourism
10 May-The city of Cherville boasts charming architecture and a breathtaking countryside that has long been appreciated by residents. Thanks to the recent introduction of a train service, tourists are now able to 135…………….the city as well. As a result of Cherville's rise in popularity, existing tourism-related businesses are booming. 136………….
To help tourists and businesses, the Cherville Commerce Bureau has debuted the Citycard. When swiped, the card automatically applies 137…………. at local businesses and attractions, The Bureau believes that the Citycard will please tourists, who will benefit from lower prices. 138.......... , the card should encourage retail traffic, leading to increased profits for businesses.
(A) Furthermore, the architect will be building a tower.
(B) The mayor will be giving a welcome speech.
(C) The train allows locals to travel more easily.
(D) In fact, restaurants and hotels keep opening.
(C) to discount
(B) Until then
(C) At the same time
(D) Despite that
Questions 139-142 refer to the following memo.
To: All Macaw Store Managers
From: Mary Van Vliet, Chief Technology Officer
Date: 22 May
Re: Payment system upgrade
Next week new payment processing terminals will be installed at each sales register in Macaw stores located in St. Thomas. Payment System 139………… in our stores in Puerto Rico for several months. So far, no issues with the system have been reported by 140……… customers or managers there.
141……… . It is faster and handles more transaction types than the current payment system. It also eliminates the need for 142………… verification of transactions under $25.00.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions about the installation.
(A) to operate
(B) will operate
(C) is operating
(D) has operated
(A) Payment System 4.0 offers a variety of benefits.
(B) New payroll software will be released soon.
(C) We are having a special sale in June.
(D) I will email each of you the exact installation date.
Questions 143-146 refer to the following review.
App Review: Forward Path
In the world of 143…………… apps, those developed by Arvedlon, lnc., stand out for their innovation and ease of use. The newly released Forward Path app 144………… tablets and smartphones is no exception. Forward Path connects with home exercise equipment such as stationary bicycles and rowing machines. Users can select video footage of dozens of real-world routes. Then they can choose from several speed options 145………… the video to the pace of their workouts.146 ………… . While nothing can replace an outdoor workout, Forward Path comes closer than any other app currently on the market. Our testers highly recommend it.
(A) to time
(C) are timing
(A) They can even specify the weather conditions and season.
(B) The choices are somewhat limited compared to other apps.
(C) At this price, it should be very popular.
(D) The minimum is 30 minutes a day.
#hochay #hoctienganh #hocanhvanonline #luyenthitienganh #hocgioitienganh #apphoctienganh #webhoctienganh #detienganhonline #nguphaptienganh #luyenthitoeic #etsTOEIC #ETSToeic2019