Directions: A word or phrase is missing in each of the sentences below. Four answer choices are given below each sentence. Select the best answer to complete the sentence. Then mark the letter (A), (B), (C), or (D) on your answer sheet.
101. Every batch of sauce at Generita's Bistro is processed meticulously by .......... expert chefs.
102. Computerization of medical records .......... increases a physician's ability to diagnose and treat patients.
103. At Rojelle’s Fine Dining, we use the freshest .......... available to make our salads.
104. Professor Benguigui will present his paper .......... the natural history conference tomorrow.
105. The chefs are still waiting for a .......... date for the new convection oven that was ordered two weeks ago.
106. Mr. Kang works .......... with our internal team members as well as various regional sales representatives.
107. Fashion designer Hye-Ja Pak knows .......... to update her line in response to changing tastes
108. The samba class was so well ……….. that the Yulara Dance School decided to make the course a permanent offering.
109. The factory will be situated away .......... the city’s residential area to reduce complaints about noise and emissions.
110. Ms. Kuramoto selected the most .......... mailing option available.
111. Companies without information technology specialists can .......... on Vyber Software Advisers for assistance with online services.
112. Next year, our team will have a new task, .......... is to review design portfolios.
113. Cook the meat for 30 minutes to ensure .......... readiness to be eaten.
114. Amoxitron’s research team will hire .......... interns to assist with laboratory duties.
115........... the new acai juice blend has proved so popular, we should move quickly to increase our production volume.
116. New emissions standards have forced Rider Auto to modify the process of engine .......... .
117. Maki Kayano’s book offers techniques for .......... business tasks with speed and precision.
118. To control costs, updated credit card readers will be installed in branch stores .......... .
(C) more gradual
119. In this quarter, the Montel Beverage Company is expecting sales .......... £160,000 and £180,000.
120. Because Mount Akoyola is so challenging for climbers, .......... have reached its peak.
121. King Street Bridge will be closed in the month of September .......... repair work.
(A) because of
(B) so that
(C) as if
(D) rather than
122. Ms. Taniguchi’s supervisor commended her for negotiating .......... with Furuyama Corporation.
123. Staff members may reserve the conference room .......... they need it.
124. The public relations director must have a high level of .......... in English and Spanish.
125. Patterson Products .......... seeks innovative ways of meeting changing consumer demand.
126. Mr. Volante is working at home tomorrow so he .......... the technical report without any distractions.
(A) can finish
(B) would finish
(D) has been finishing
127. All of the billing procedures remain the same, .......... new payment codes need to be inserted into the invoice documents.
(A) in order that
(C) across from
(D) except that
128. The lightweight design of the new sedan is .......... because it can cause the vehicle to slide on icy roads.
129. When the bank president retired, the common .......... was that the vice president would take over.
130. West Bengali Airlines …………. fees for oversized items that are still within weight limitations.
Directions: Read the texts that follow. A word, phrase, or sentence is missing in parts of each text. Four answer choices for each question are given below the text. Select the best answer to complete the text. Then mark the letter (A), (B), (C), or (D) on your answer sheet.
Questions 131-134 refer to the following e-mail.
Date: May 2
Subject: Joining ASA
Dear Mr. Mendoza,
Thank you for expressing your interest in our organization during the recent 131……….. . It was a pleasure meeting you at the ASA booth during the Weber Information Systems Convention. As you may recall from our conversation, we discussed how ASA membership 132……….. your career through networking opportunities as well as the industry insights offered in our monthly newsletter. The normal fee for members is just $120 a year; however, we are currently offering a new-member discount. 133……….. .
If you are still interested in joining, please reply to 134.......... with your mailing address. I will then forward you an application packet.
Ashlee Loren, President
Association of Systems Analysts
(A) can benefit
(B) is benefiting
(C) has benefited
(D) will have benefited
(A) Discounts on rental cars are included in the annual membership.
(B) Our jobs board is quite comprehensive.
(C) We are the first organization of our kind.
(D) This month you can join for just half the usual rate.
Questions 135-138 refer to the following e—mail.
To: Sam Heinz
From: Northways Professional Development
Sent: April 20
Subject: Workshop 4/28—4/30
Dear Workshop Participants,
We look forward to seeing you at the digital storytelling workshop. On the first day, when you enter the Albin College campus, attendants will 135…………. you to lot 43 and the Toteman Building. We will begin each day in conference room 9. Coffee, tea, snacks, and fruit 136………. in the mornings. Lunch will be sandwiches and salads from Black Horse Restaurant. 137………. .
In the afternoons, we will be working in the computer lab. We suggest that you assemble some images that you would like to use for your project. It will be 138………. for you to have them saved on a digital storage device beforehand. If you have any questions, please e-mail us.
(A) will be provided
(B) were provided
(D) are providing
(A) Some prior experience working with digital files is assumed.
(B) Please do not bring any copyrighted material to the workshop.
(C) Please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions.
(D) There is a one-time parking Charge of fifteen dollars.
Questions 139-142 refer to the following article.
Venley Foods Responsive to Changing Consumers
Who cares where the tomatoes in your salad actually came from? 139……….. , an increasing number of people do, according to a study conducted by the Consumer Group. In fact, the study shows that many consumers would pay an average of 10 percent more when given the exact source of a fresh food product. 140…….. . Some grocery stores, such as Venley Foods in Boston, have taken advantage of the trend and used it to implement 141…….. branding and marketing. “If we can tell a story about our product,” says Venley Foods CEO Minji Kim, ”then we’ve added 142…….. in the minds of consumers."
139. (A) Carefully
(A) Fresh food can be refrigerated for up to two days.
(B) Many grocery stores have been extending their hours.
(C) Most studies are published in consumer magazines.
(D) The number increases to 20 percent in large cities.
Questions 143-146 refer to the following article.
Nylobe, lnc., Announces Newest Development Project
SEATTLE (May 1)—Researchers at technology firm Nylobe, Inc., are working to develop a sensor capable of detecting corrosion caused by environmental exposure. Corrosion is a major contributor to 143…………. losses in the aircraft industry each year. “This will be a major 144………. for commercial airline ﬂeets," says Mel Laveau, Nylobe’s CEO. “The sensor will decrease both labor and maintenance costs without being too expensive.”
According to Ms. Laveau, the sensor will work by detecting corrosion in its early stages, when the problem can be corrected simply by removing the corroded material. 145………. . In the structure of large aircraft, some critical joints can be particularly susceptible to corrosion. 146………. , the sensor can be used to inspect these areas and then target the most likely areas of concern.
143. (A) financially
(A) This will reduce the need for making expensive structural repairs.
(B) The parts have all been replaced with higher quality materials.
(C) The next stage of the project involves scanning the affected areas.
(D) Its style and sleek design made it popular with the public.
#hoctienganh #hocanhvanonline #luyenthitienganh #hocgioitienganh #apphoctienganh #webhoctienganh #detienganhonline #nguphaptienganh #luyenthitoeic #etsTOEIC #ETSToeic2019