Ngữ pháp tiếng anh luyện thi TOEIC – Unit 51: V+ ing or to... 2 – Học Hay
1. like / love / hate
- Khi nói về những hành động được lặp đi lặp lại, ta có thể dùng V -ing hoặc to … sau những động từ nè.
- Do you like getting up early? or Do you like to get up early?
- Stephanie hates flying. or Stephanie hates to fly.
- I love meeting people. or I love to meet people.
- I don’t like being kept waiting. or … like to be kept waiting.
- I don’t like friends calling me at work. or … friends to call me at work.
- Ta dùng V-ing khi nói về tình huống mà đã/đang xảy/diễn ra.
- Paul lives in Berlin now. He likes living there.
(anh ta sống ở đó và bây giờ anh ta thích điều đó)
- Do you like being a student? (you are a student – do you like it?)
- The office I worked in was horrible. I hated working there. (I worked there and I hated it)
- Like to do vs Like doing: like V-ing có nghĩa là thích thu say mê thứ gì đó còn like to-V có nghĩa là thích vì thấy nó tốt và có ích.
- I like doing something
- I like to do something = I choose to do it (but maybe I don’t enjoy it):
- It’s not my favourite job, but I like to clean the kitchen as often as possible.
2. would like / would love / would hate / would prefer
- Would like / would love etc. thường được theo sau bởi to V
- I’d like (= I would like) to go away for a few days.
- What would you like to do this evening?
- I wouldn’t like to go on holiday alone.
- I’d love to meet your family.
- Would you prefer to eat now or later?
- I like vs I would like (I’d like):
- I like playing tennis. / I like to play tennis. (= thích chung chung)
- I’d like to play tennis today. (= muốn chơi ngày hôm nay)
- Would mind + V -ing:
- Would you mind closing the door, please? (not mind to close)
3. I would like to have (done something)
- I would like to have done something = cảm thấy hối tiếc vì đã không làm (không thể làm) điều gì đó
- It’s a shame we didn’t see Anna. I would like to have seen her again.
- We’d like to have gone away, but we were too busy at home.
- Chúng ta dùng cấu trúc tương tự đằng sau would love / would hate / would prefer:
- Poor David! I would hate to have been in his position.
- I’d love to have gone to the party, but it was impossible.
Bài tập Ngữ pháp tiếng anh luyện thi TOEIC – Unit 51: V+ ing or to... 2 – Học Hay
A Write sentences about yourself. Do you like these activities? Choose from these verbs:
like / don’t like love hate enjoy don’t mind
1 (flying) I don’t like flying. or I don’t like to fly.
2 (playing cards)
3 (being alone)
4 (going to museums)
6 (getting up early)
B Make sentences using -ing or to … . Sometimes either form is possible.
1 Paul lives in Berlin now. It’s nice. He likes it.
(He / like / live / there) He likes living there.
2 Jane is a biology teacher. She likes her job
(She / like / teach / biology)
3 Joe always has his camera with him and takes a lot of pictures.
(He / like / take / pictures)
4 I used to work in a supermarket. I didn’t like it much.
(I / not / like / work / there)
5 Rachel is studying medicine. She likes it.
(She / like / study / medicine)
6 Dan is famous, but he doesn’t like it.
(He / not / like / be / famous)
7 Jennifer is a very careful person. She doesn’t take many risks.
(She / not / like / take / risks)
8 I don’t like surprises.
(I / like / know / things / in advance)
C Complete the sentences with a verb in the correct form, -ing or to … . In two sentences either form is possible.
1 It’s fun to go to new places – I enjoy travelling .
2 ‘Would you like ………………..down?’ ‘No, thanks. I’ll stand.’
3 The music is very loud. Would you mind ……………it down?
4 How do you relax? What do you like…………… in your spare time?
5 When I have to take a train, I’m always worried that I’ll miss it. So I like…………… to the station in plenty of time.
6 I enjoy ……………busy. I don’t like it when there’s nothing to do.
7 I would love ……………to your wedding, but I’m afraid I’ll be away.
8 I don’t like ……………in this part of town. I want to move somewhere else.
9 Do you have a minute? I’d like ……………to you about something.
10 If there’s bad news and good news, I like ……………the bad news first.
11 Shall we leave now, or would you prefer ……………a little?
12 Steve wants to win every time. He hates…………… .
D Write sentences using would … to have (done). Use the verbs in brackets.
1 It’s a shame I couldn’t go to the party. (like) I would like to have gone to the party.
2 It’s a shame I didn’t see the programme. (like)
3 I’m glad I didn’t lose my watch. (hate)
4 It’s too bad I didn’t meet your parents. (love)
5 I’m glad I wasn’t alone. (not / like)
6 We should have travelled by train. (prefer)
2 I don’t mind playing cards.
3 I don’t like being alone. or … to be alone.
4 I enjoy going to museums.
5 I love cooking. or I love to cook.
6 I hate getting up early.
2 She likes teaching biology.
3 He likes taking pictures. or He likes to take pictures.
4 I didn’t like working there.
5 She likes studying medicine.
6 He doesn’t like being famous.
7 She doesn’t like taking risks. or She doesn’t like to take risks.
8 I like to know things in advance.
2 to sit
4 doing or to do
5 to get
7 to come / to go
8 living / being
9 to talk
10 to have / to know / to get / to hear / to be told
11 to wait
12 losing or to lose
2 I would like / I’d like to have seen the programme.
3 I would hate / I’d hate to have lost my watch.
4 I would love / I’d love to have met your parents.
5 I wouldn’t like to have been alone.
6 I would prefer / I’d prefer to have travelled by train.
#hochay #hoctienganh #hocanhvanonline #luyenthitienganh #hocgioitienganh #apphoctienganh #webhoctienganh #detienganhonline #nguphaptienganh #luyenthitoeic #etsTOEIC