Ngữ pháp tiếng anh luyện thi TOEIC – Unit 72: no/none/any/nobody/nothing – Học Hay
A. No - none
a. No (không):
- Cách dùng: No đứng trước danh từ đếm được (số ít và số nhiều) và không đếm được.
- We got no time.
(Chúng ta không có thời gian đâu)
- There is no one here. Stop yelling.
(Không có ai ở đây đâu. Đừng kêu gào nữa)
b. None (không ai, không vật gì):
- Cách dùng: None đóng vai trò như đại từ, nó đứng 1 mình và thay thế cho danh từ (đếm được và không đếm được). None được dùng như chủ ngữ và tân ngữ.
- He has 2 best friends, but none came to attend his wedding.
(Anh ta có 2 người bạn thân nhưng không ai đến tham dự đám cưới của anh ấy cả)
- Who went to school last night? – None.
(Ai tới trường tối hôm qua – Chẳng ai cả)
- Khi None làm chủ từ, động từ được chia theo từ mà nó đại diện
- Ví dụ: I’m always looking for ideas. None ever come. (None = ideas)
(Tôi luôn tìm kiếm ý tưởng. Chúng chả bao giờ tới cả)
- None đi kèm với giới từ of khi nó đứng trước mạo từ the, đại từ nhân xưng tân ngữ (him, it), đại từ chỉ định (this/that), hoặc tính từ sở hữu (my, your).
- None of the students know what happened to their teacher.
(Không có học sinh nào biết chuyện gì đã xảy ra với giáo viên của họ)
- None of my children caused the accident.
(Không có đứa con nào của tôi gây ra tai nạn hết)
- None không được sử dụng trong câu đã có từ phủ định (not)
- Ví dụ: She can’t remember any of us.
(Cô ấy không thể nhớ được bất cứ ai trong chúng tôi)
NOT: She can’t remember none of us.
B. Nothing - nobody
Nothing (không gì, không có gì) – nobody/no-one (không ai, không có ai) – nowhere (chả ở đâu)
- Những từ này có thể đứng đầu câu hoặc đứng một mình (như là câu trả lời cho câu hỏi):
- ‘What’s going to happen?’ ‘Nobody knows. / No-one knows.’
- ‘What happened?’ ‘Nothing.’
- ‘Where are you going?’ ‘Nowhere. I’m staying here.’
- Đứng sau động từ, đặc biệt là động từ be hoặc have
- The house is empty. There’s nobody living there.
- We had nothing to eat.
- nothing/nobody etc. = not + anything/anybody etc. :
- I said nothing. = I didn’t say anything.
- Jane told nobody about her plans. = Jane didn’t tell anybody about her plans.
- They have nowhere to live. = They don’t have anywhere to live.
- Với nothing/nobody etc., ta không dùng thể phủ định (isn’t, didn’t etc.):
- I said nothing. (not I didn’t say nothing)
- Với nobody/no-one, ta dùng they/them/their
- Nobody is perfect, are they? (= is he or she perfect?)
- No-one did what I asked them to do. (= him or her)
- Nobody in the class did their homework. (= his or her homework)
- Đôi khi any/anything/anybody etc. còn có nghĩa là không quan trọng cái gì/ai/ở đâu
- There was no bus, so we walked home.
You can take any bus. They all go to the centre. (= xe buýt nào cũng được)
- ‘What do you want to eat?’ ‘Nothing. I’m not hungry.’
I’m so hungry. I could eat anything. (= có cái gì để ăn cũng được)
- It’s a difficult job. Nobody wants to do it.
It’s a very easy job. Anybody can do it. (= ai làm cũng được, không quan trọng)
Bài tập Ngữ pháp tiếng anh luyện thi TOEIC – Unit 72: no/none/any/nobody/nothing – Học Hay
A Complete these sentences with no, none or any.
1 It was a public holiday, so there were no shops open.
2 I don’t have any money. Can you lend me some?
3 We had to walk home. There were ……………….taxis.
4 We had to walk home. There weren’t …………taxis.
5 ‘How many eggs do we have?’ ‘………… . Shall I get some?’
6 There’s nowhere to cross the river. There’s …………bridge.
7 We took a few pictures, but …………of them were very good.
8 ‘Did you take lots of pictures?’ ‘No, I didn’t take………… .’
9 I had to do what I did. I had …………alternative.
10 I don’t like …………of this furniture. It’s horrible.
11 We cancelled the party because………… of the people we invited were able to come.
12 Everyone knows they are getting married. It’s …………secret.
13 The two books are exactly the same. There isn’t …………difference.
14 ‘Do you know where Chris is?’ ‘I’m sorry. I have …………idea.’
B Answer these questions using none/nobody/nothing/nowhere.
1 What did you do at the weekend?
2 Who are you waiting for?
3 How much bread did you buy?
4 Where are you going?
5 How many books have you read this year?
6 How much does it cost to get into the museum?
Nothing . It was very boring.
…………. I’m just standing here.
…………. We already have enough.
…………. I’m staying here.
…………. I don’t read books.
…………. It’s free.
Now answer the same questions using any/anybody/anything/anywhere.
7 (1) I didn’t do anything.
8 (2) I’m…………
9 (3) I…………
10 (4) …………
11 (5) …………
12 (6) …………
C Complete these sentences with no- or any- + -body/-thing/-where.
1 I don’t want anything to drink. I’m not thirsty.
2 The bus was completely empty. There was………… on it.
3 ‘Where did you go for your holidays?’ ‘………… . I didn’t go away.’
4 ‘Can you smell gas?’ ‘No, I can’t smell ………….’
5 Everybody seemed satisfied. …………complained.
6 Let’s go away. We can go …………you like.
7 The town is still the same as it was years ago. …………has changed.
8 ‘What did you buy?’ ‘………… . I couldn’t find …………I wanted.’
9 There was complete silence in the room. …………said ………….
D Which is right?
1 She didn’t tell nobody / anybody about her plans. (anybody is correct)
2 The accident looked bad, but fortunately nobody / anybody was seriously injured.
3 I looked out of the window, but I couldn’t see no-one / anyone.
4 The exam is very easy. Nobody / Anybody can pass it.
5 ‘What’s in that box?’ ‘Nothing / Anything. It’s empty.’
6 The future is uncertain. Nothing / Anything is possible.
7 I don’t know nothing / anything about economics.
8 I’ll try and answer no / any questions you ask me.
9 ‘Who were you talking to just now?’ ‘No-one / Anyone. I wasn’t talking to no-one / anyone.’
8 I’m not waiting for anybody/anyone.
9 I didn’t buy any (bread).
10 I’m not going anywhere.
11 I haven’t read any (books).
12 It doesn’t cost anything.
8 Nothing. I couldn’t find anything I wanted.
9 Nobody/No-one said anything.
9 No-one … anyone
#hochay #hoctienganh #hocanhvanonline #luyenthitienganh #hocgioitienganh #apphoctienganh #webhoctienganh #detienganhonline #nguphaptienganh #luyenthitoeic #etsTOEIC