Video bài nghe Market Leader Intermediate – Unit 11: Leadership – HocHay
Xem thêm từ vựng tiếng Anh theo chủ đề tại: https://hoctuvung.hochay.com/
Cùng HocHay học tiếng Anh Market Leader Intermediate các bạn nhé!
Market Leader Intermediate – Unit 11: Leadership - Listening
A. Listen to Elizabeth Jackson, Managing Director of Director Bank, an executive recruitment company. Which five areas does Elizabeth think are important for a good business leader?
A sense of direction, courage, communication, respect, emotional intelligence
B. Listen to the second part and answer the questions.
1. What qualities do natural-born leaders possess?
2. Can people who have acquired leadership skills beat natural born leaders?
1. Charisma, intelligence, ability to influence people
2. Not usually
C. Listen to the final part and decide if these statements about Elizabeth Jackson's husband are true (T) or false (F).
1. He is younger than her.
2. He used to be a boxer.
3. He is a natural leader.
4. He is a creative thinker.
5. He is a strategic thinker.
1. False: ' ... my husband is a few years older than me'
2. False: He has 'the ability to fight like a cornered rat when he needs to' but there is no mention of boxing.
Ứng dụng học tiếng Anh - App HocHay cho Android & iOS
Vocabulary Market Leader Intermediate – Unit 11: Leadership – HocHay
A. Match the adjectives in the box to make pairs of contrasting ideas.
cautious casual idealistic assertive encouraging different formal critical decisive realistic
cautious/ decisive; casual/formal; idealistic/ realistic; assertive/ diffident, encouraging/ critical
B. Do the same with the adjectives in this box.
dynamic radical ruthless distant conservative approachable principled laid-back
dynamic/laid-back; radical/conservative; ruthless/principled; distant/approachable
C. Complete the sentences with suitable adjectives from Exercises A and B. (For sentences 1-4, use Exercise A; for sentences 5-8, use Exercise B.)
1. She doesn't like to rush into things. She's careful and ............
2. He's very good at pointing out problems with people and systems in the company. He's often ............, but this helps make improvements.
3. He's a serious, ............ person, both in the way he dresses and in his dealings with people. Everyone knows he's the boss.
4. She has a very clear vision for the long-term future of the company, but many people think she is too .............
5. He is a very ............ man. He sacked anyone who got in his way.
6. Our boss is friendly and ............ She's very easy to talk to.
7. He's very ............. He doesn't like to try anything new now he's running the company.
8. She's very ............. She would never approve any policies that were remotely unethical.
D. Match the phrasal verbs (1-6) to the nouns (a-f).
|1. to take on||a) a proposal/suggestion|
|2. to be up to||b) the job|
|3. to put forward||c) criticism|
|4. to deal with||d) your resignation|
|5. to hand in||e) responsibility for something|
|6. to come in for||f) a problem|
E. Which of the phrasal verbs in Exercise D mean the following:
a) to manage
b) to give
c) to receive
d) to accept
e) to be good enough
f) to propose
Language Review Market Leader Intermediate – Unit 11: Leadership – HocHay
Xem thêm ngữ pháp Mệnh đề quan hệ trong tiếng Anh tại: https://dethi.hochay.com/menh-de-quan-he-cd
A. Complete the sentences in the job advertisement with who or which.
EIegance is a leading European beauty company ............ (1) owns a number of famous brands. Founded in 1977, Elegance is an ambitious company ............ (2) is looking for a first-class leader ............ (3) can meet the challenge of international growth. We are seeking a highly motivated candidate ............ (4) is creative, articulate and energetic. We need a Managing Director ............ (5) understands the trends in the cosmetics market and ............ (6) will provide strong, strategic leadership. The successful candidate will lead a winning team ...........(7) achieved record sales last year.
In the first Instance and in complete confidence, please write with CV to Yvonne Roland at Agence Richaud, 19 boulevard Gobelins, Paris 75005, France.
B. Complete the quotations below with the relative pronouns in the box.
who which that where
1. 'The job for big companies, the challenge ........ we all face as bureaucrats, is to create an environment ............ people can reach their dreams.' Jack Welch (US business leader)
2. 'He ............ has never learned to obey cannot be a good commander.' Aristotle (Greek philosopher)
3. 'A leader shapes and shares a vision, ........... gives point to the work of others.'
Charles Handy (British writer)
4. 'A leader should be humble. A leader should be able to communicate with his people. A leader is someone ............ walks out in front of his people, but he doesn't get too far out in front, to where he can't hear their footsteps.' Tommy Lasorda (US sports personality)
5. 'A leader is someone ............ knows what they want to achieve and can communicate that.' Margaret Thatcher (British politician)
1. which/that; where
C. In this article, the relative pronouns are missing. Add the pronouns where appropriate.
America will find opportunity in scarcity by Eric Schmidt
We now need to encourage investment in new high-technology industries such as clean energy and environmental technology. These are sectors we have lacked political leadership not just recently, but for decades.
The Internet, enables the open and free exchange of information, is critical to our future economic growth. It has already proved to be vital to entrepreneurs and America's small businesses, generate up to 80 per cent of new jobs in the US. But continuing this record will require a strong federal commitment to keeping the Internet open.
Technologies such as the Internet can also help make our government more open and responsive to citizens. But even those of us are technology's biggest enthusiasts must recognise its limitations. In the end, it is people have to make the decisions.
More than ever, we need a leader will look beyond the old thinking and orthodoxies and understands the importance of investment in ideas and technology for our future.
We now need to encourage investment in new high-technology industries such as clean energy and environmental technology. These are sectors where we have lacked political leadership not just recently, but for decades.
The Internet, which enables the open and free exchange of information, is critical to our future economic growth. It has already proved to be vital to entrepreneurs and America's small businesses, which generate up to 80 per cent of new jobs in the US. But continuing this record will require a strong federal commitment to keeping the Internet open.
Technologies such as the Internet can also help make our government more open and responsive to citizens. But even those of us who/that are technology's biggest enthusiasts must recognise its limitations. In the end, it is people who/that have to make the decisions.
More than ever, we need a leader who/that will look beyond the old thinking and orthodoxies and who understands the importance of investment in ideas and technology for our future.
This article expresses the personal opinion of Eric Schmidt, who is the Chief Executive of Google.
HOCHAY.COM - nhận thông báo video mới nhất từ Học Hay: Học Tiếng Anh Dễ Dàng
Subscribe Youtube Channel | Youtube.com/HocHay
Follow Fanpage Facebook | Facebook.com/HocHayco
#hochay #hoctienganh #hocanhvanonline #luyenthitienganh #hocgioitienganh #apphoctienganh #webhoctienganh #detienganhonline #nguphaptienganh #tienganhthuongmai #marketleader