Video bài nghe Market Leader Intermediate – Unit 7: Cultures – Tiếng anh thương mại – HocHay
Cùng HocHay học tiếng Anh Market Leader Intermediate – Tiếng anh thương mại các bạn nhé!
Market Leader Intermediate – Unit 7: Cultures - Skills
A. Listen to a conversation between two people who have recently met. What is wrong? How can it be improved?
A: So where did you go on holiday, then?
B: We went to Italy this year.
A: Did you have a good time? (enthusiastically]
B: Yes, it was great!
A: And which part of Italy did you go to?
B: We rented a villa in Sicily.
A: I've been to Sicily - Taormina. I really enjoyed it. What did you think of it?
B: Yes, I thought it was wonderful - the scenery is so beautiful.
A: Yes, it's a marvellous place. We want to go back next to Italy next year. So ... how's it going at work?
B: We're really busy.
A: That's really good, isn't it?
B. What would you say in the following situations?
1. You don't hear someone's name when you are introduced to them.
2. You have to refuse an invitation to dinner with a supplier.
3. You are offered food you hate.
4. You want to end a conversation in a diplomatic way.
5. You have to greet a visitor.
6. You have to introduce two people to each other.
7. You offer to pay for a meal.
8. You have to propose a toast.
9. Your colleague has been made redundant.
10. You arrive half an hour late for a meeting.
C. Listen and compare your answers to Exercise B.
1. Sorry, I didn't catch that.
2. I'm afraid I won't be able to make it. I have to be at the airport by six.
3. No, thanks. I don't like black pudding very much, I'm afraid.
4. It was nice talking to you, but I have to get to my next meeting.
5. Hello. It's very nice to see you. Welcome to Prague. Have you been here before?
6. Jack, I'd like to introduce you to Ivan - Jack Smith, Ivan Brodsky.
7. I'll get this - it's on me.
8. I'd like to propose a toast. Here's to the success of our joint venture!
9. I'm very sorry to hear that.
D. What can you say in the first five minutes of meeting someone? Match the questions (1-10) to the answers (a-j). Listen and check your answers.
|1. Is this your first visit to the region?||a) At the Metropolitan Hotel.|
|2. Oh really! What do you do?||b) Nearly five years now.|
|3. How long have you been there?||c) No, I come here quite a lot, but usually to Hong Kong.|
|4. Have you been to Tokyo before?||d) I'm an Account Director for a marketing company.|
|5. Business or pleasure?||e) Business, I'm afraid.|
|6. How long have you been here?||f) Until tomorrow evening.|
|7. How long are you staying?||g) No, this is my first trip.|
|8. Where are you staying?||h) Six days.|
|9. What's the food like?||i) I really like it. There's so much to see and do.|
|10. So, what do you think of Tokyo?||j) It's very good, but eating at the Metropolitan can be quite expensive.|
Reading Market Leader Intermediate – Unit 7: Cultures – Tiếng anh thương mại – HocHay
A. Read the article below quickly and decide which of the following (1-5) are:
a) referred to in a positive way in the text
b) referred to in a negative way in the text
c) not referred to at all.
1. understanding the culture of the country you are living in
2. asking British colleagues personal questions when you meet them for the first time
3. hiring staff who are flexible and tolerant
4. providing staff with practical support
5. looking at the role of the spouse (husband or wife) in the selection of candidates for overseas postings.
B. Read the article again and answer the questions.
1. What things are people from different countries in an organisation:
a) likely to have in common
2. What is 'cultural awareness'?
b) likely not to have in common?
a) '[They] might share similar professional knowledge and skills...'
b) '... their ways of working, social skills, body language and ways of doing business are likely to be completely different. They may have different patterns of behaviour...'
2. 'It is about understanding how and why cultures work differently.'
#hochay #hoctienganh #hocanhvanonline #luyenthitienganh #hocgioitienganh #apphoctienganh #webhoctienganh #detienganhonline #nguphaptienganh #tienganhthuongmai #marketleader