Video bài nghe Market Leader Pre-intermediate – Unit 5: Stress – Tiếng anh thương mại – HocHay
Cùng HocHay học tiếng Anh Market Leader Pre-intermediate – Tiếng anh thương mại các bạn nhé!
Market Leader Pre-intermediate – Unit 5: Stress - Listening
A. Jessica Colling is Director of Marketing at Vielife, a consultancy that advises businesses on health at work. Listen to the first part of the interview and answer these questions.
1. What three examples are given of things that make people feel under pressure at work?
2. What is resilience to stress?
1. Having too much to do, not feeling in control, and not having good relationships with the people that they work with.
2. Resilience to stress is helping people to respond differently to stressful situations so that they actually feel calmer when they're
put in situations that they previously found stressful.
B. Listen to the second part. What can happen if you have to manage stress for a long time without a break?
A high level of continued pressure can sometimes spill over into feelings of stress. So, although you might be doing quite well at managing stress for a long period of time, if it continues without any break, then people sometimes tip over into feeling very stressed.
C. Listen again and complete this extract.
It's difficult to say really what's a ..........(1) level of stress for somebody to feel at work. The problem with that is that what one person finds really ............(2) and it excites them to be able to do their job well, somebody else might find really, really ...........(3). What we do see is that actually a high level of continued ...........(4) can actually sometimes spill over into feelings of stress.
D. Listen to the third part. What two examples are given of companies being flexible in how they expect staff to work?
1. If somebody doesn't like travelling in the rush hour, they could come in a little bit early and leave a little bit early.
2. Making sure that people don't feel that they have to stay late, just because their boss is working late.
E. Listen to the final part. What two reasons are given for why women report higher levels of stress than men?
1. Because women tend to have more responsibility in the home (e.g. managing the home, looking after children), so they have many more sources of pressure in their life and therefore are more likely to feel stressed because of that.
2. Women are more open about their feelings and therefore feel more comfortable in reporting feeling under pressure or feeling stressed.
Vocabulary Market Leader Pre-intermediate – Unit 5: Stress – Tiếng anh thương mại – HocHay
A. Match the words (1-8) to their definitions (a-h).
|1. lifestyle||a) a system where employees choose the time they start and finish work each day|
|2. workaholic||b) a time or date by which you have to do something|
|3. workload||c) how personally satisfied you are with the way you live and work|
|4. deadline||d) someone who cannot stop working and has no time|
|5. flexitime||e) the ability to give a good amount of time to your work and to outside interests, e.g. family|
|6. work-life balance for anything else||f) the amount of work a person is expected to do|
|7. quality of life||g) the people, things and atmosphere around you at work|
|8. working environment||h) the way people choose to organise their lives|
B. Complete each sentence with an appropriate word or phrase from Exercise A.
1. I worked until 11 o'clock at night to meet the ............ for presenting the report.
2. I work six days a week and never have a holiday. My girlfriend says I'm a .............
3. Karl has a heavy ............ at the moment because several colleagues are off sick.
4. She gave up a highly paid job to join a meditation group in India. She's completely changed her .............
5. A ............ system can help to reduce the stress levels of employees by giving them more control over their working hours.
6. If you have children, working from home may help improve your .............
7. Many people argue that technology has greatly improved our ............ and the way we feel about work. Others disagree, arguing it actually increases stress.
8. A clean, quiet, comfortable and friendly ............ can actively reduce levels of stress.
6. work-life balance
7. quality of life
8. working environment
Language Review Market Leader Pre-intermediate – Unit 5: Stress – Tiếng anh thương mại – HocHay
Xem thêm ngữ pháp thì quá khứ đơn tại: https://dethi.hochay.com/thi-qua-khu-don-cd
A. Cross out the incorrect sentence in each pair.
a) Stress levels have increased in recent years.
b) Stress levels increased in recent years.
a) The finance sector changed dramatically over the past five years.
b) The finance sector has changed dramatically over the past five years.
a) The risk factors for stress have risen significantly since 2009.
b) The risk factors for stress rose significantly since 2009.
a) I resigned three months ago.
b) I have resigned three months ago.
a) Have you ever been to a stress counsellor before?
b) Did you ever go to a stress counsellor before?
B. Write the time expressions from the box in the correct column of this chart.
|Past simple||Present perfect|
|two years ago||so far|
ever, in 2009, yet, just, yesterday, for the past two weeks, already, never, last Friday, during the 1990s, in the last few days, since 2005, when I was at university
|Past simple||Present perfect|
|in 2009, yesterday, last Friday, during the 1990s, when I was at university||ever, yet, just, for the past two weeks, already, never, in the last few days, since 2005|
Xem thêm ngữ pháp thì hiện tại hoàn thành tại: https://dethi.hochay.com/thi-hien-tai-hoan-thanh-cd
#hochay #hoctienganh #hocanhvanonline #luyenthitienganh #hocgioitienganh #apphoctienganh #webhoctienganh #detienganhonline #nguphaptienganh #tienganhthuongmai #marketleader