Video bài nghe Market Leader Pre-intermediate – Unit 6: Entertaining – Tiếng anh thương mại – HocHay
Cùng HocHay học tiếng Anh Market Leader Pre-intermediate – Tiếng anh thương mại các bạn nhé!
Market Leader Pre-intermediate – Unit 6: Entertaining - Listening
A. Dr Chris Bruton is Chief Executive of the Cavendish Consultancy, a corporate entertainment company. Listen to the first part of the interview and answer these questions.
1. Which sports are popular?
2. Which sport is not popular? Why?
3. What was the most popular musical at the time of the interview?
1. horse racing, football/soccer, motor racing
2. Cricket - because the rules are complicated
3. Phantom of the Opera
B. Listen to the second part. What is surprising about how the financial sector has reacted to the latest recession?
Fewer people are doing corporate hospitality, but they are taking the more expensive products.
C. Listen to the third part. What makes a corporate event successful? Complete these notes.
1. Identify your ............
2. Planning having …………., e.g. umbrellas
3. Catering high standard of ………… and ………….
4. Staff: …………….,…………… and briefing
5. Always……………. up afterwards
3. food; drink
4. quality, training
D. Listen to the final part and answer these questions.
1. Which two events were offered together on the same day?
2. How did people travel from London to the first event?
3. How did people travel from London to the second event?
1. British Grand Prix and Soccer World Cup Final
3. Concorde/supersonic jet
Vocabulary Market Leader Pre-intermediate – Unit 6: Entertaining – Tiếng anh thương mại – HocHay
A. Which adjectives in the box form partnerships with the words below (1-6)?
convenient cosy efficient exciting local/regional reasonable
1. cosy/exciting atmosphere
2. local/regional food
3. convenient/exciting location
4. reasonable prices
5. efficient/reasonable service
6. exciting/local/regional entertainment
B. Match the words in the box to the correct food categories below (1-4).
beef broccoli cabbage chicken crab cucumber duck lamb lobster mushroom onion pork prawns/shrimp salmon spinach tuna turkey veal venison
1. beef, lamb, pork, veal, venison
2. chicken, duck, turkey
3. crab, lobster, prawns/shrimp, salmon, tuna
4. broccoli, cabbage, cucumber, mushroom, onion, spinach
C. Combine the words in the box with the headings below (1-3) to create word partnerships related to drinks.
alcohol-free bottled draught dry house medium mineral red rose sparkling still sweet tap vintage white
1. alcohol-free/ dry /house/ medium/red/ rose/ sparkling/sweet/vintage/white wine
2. alcohol-free/bottled/draught beer
3. bottled/mineral/sparkling/still/tap water
D. Listen to the dialogue and put these stages into a logical order for entertaining in a restaurant.
a) Look at the menu.
b) Ask for the bill (BrE) / check (AmE).
c) Book a table (BrE) / Make a reservation (AmE).
d) Leave a tip.
e) Have the main course.
f) Have a dessert.
g) Order a starter (BrE) / appetizer (AmE).
h) Have an aperitif.
Language Review Market Leader Pre-intermediate – Unit 6: Entertaining – Tiếng anh thương mại – HocHay
Xem thêm về Cụm động từ tiếng Anh tại: https://dethi.hochay.com/cum-dong-tu-cd
A. Match the multiword verbs in bold (1-8) with their definitions (a-h).
|1. Who's going to look after our guests tonight?||a) see the sights|
|2. We have two hours to look around the city.||b) arrive / appear /come|
|3. We're really looking forward to the Tokyo trip.||c) get involved in|
|4. Let's take the clients out to a Chinese restaurant.||d) give attention to / protect / take care of|
|5. Seventy staff took part in our fundraising events.||e) accept (an offer)|
|6. The CEO would like to take up your kind offer.||f) await with pleasure|
|7. We were delighted that so many sponsors turned up at the event.||g) entertain|
|8. As we had another engagement, we had to turn down their invitation.||h) refuse/decline|
B. Choose the correct options to complete this e-mail extract.
Just a quick e-mail to say thank you for organising the Monaco Grand Prix hospitality event. Everyone who took care of / part in / up (1) the event thoroughly enjoyed looking around / forward to / after (2) the city and the Grand Prix itself. Our clients were looked around / forward to / after (3) very well by your events team. I am afraid I am going to have to take care of /turn down / turn up (4) your kind offer of free tickets for the film premiere as I have another engagement that night. However, we would like to take up / turn up / turn down (5) your offer of organising our corporate events next year. We are all really looking forward to / around / after (6) discussing your proposals.
1. part in
4. turn down
5. take up
6. forward to
#hochay #hoctienganh #hocanhvanonline #luyenthitienganh #hocgioitienganh #apphoctienganh #webhoctienganh #detienganhonline #nguphaptienganh #tienganhthuongmai #marketleader