Video bài nghe Market Leader Pre-intermediate – Unit 7: New Business – HocHay
Xem thêm từ vựng tiếng Anh theo chủ đề tại: https://hoctuvung.hochay.com/
Cùng HocHay học tiếng Anh Market Leader Pre-intermediate các bạn nhé!
Market Leader Pre-intermediate – Unit 7: New Business - Listening
A. Abdirashid Duale is the Chief Executive Officer of Dahabshiil, a global money-transfer company. Listen to the first part of the interview and answer these questions.
1. How many countries does the company transfer money to?
2. Dahabshiil helps four types of people or organisations. What are they?
1. nearly 144
2. Students, business organisations, international organisations (like the World Bank and United Nations), migrant workers (in Europe or other parts of the world who want to send money back home to their family)
B. Listen to the second part and complete these notes.
All successful new businesses have to:
• have a ............ (1)
• have a ............ (2)
• know how they are going to ............ (3) that vision
• motivate their ............ (4)
• keep their customers ............ (5)
• maintain their ............ (6) with their customers
• make sure that the customers are happy with their ............ (7)
• manage the difference between their income and their ............ (8)
C. Susan Barratt, the CEO of Nature's Way Foods, talks about the advice she would give to anyone starting their own business. Listen and complete this extract from the audio script.
I hope they've got lots of ............ (1). I think it is difficult and quite hard ............ (2), and needs a significant level of commitment. I think it's really, really important to make sure you understand the ............ (3) and who your customers are going to be. And how you differentiate yourself, or make yourself different, from any of your ............ (4) in that marketplace.
People will only go to you and buy your ............ (5) or your service if they feel it is added ............ (6) over and above what they can get elsewhere, or something they can't get elsewhere.
So, for me, understanding the market and the ............ (7) is absolutely critical to the success of the business. The other key thing is that you've got sufficient ............ (8).
Ứng dụng học tiếng Anh - App HocHay cho Android & iOS
Language Review Market Leader Pre-intermediate – Unit 7: New Business – HocHay
Xem thêm Mệnh đề Trạng từ trong tiếng Anh tại: https://dethi.hochay.com/menh-de-trang-tu-cd
A. Match the sentence halves to make appropriate sentences.
|1. Could you check the departure time||a) until the meeting has finished.|
|2. As soon as interest rates rise,||b) as soon as you get to the office.|
|3. We need to stay||c) until we've saved enough money.|
|4. The Finance Director needs to speak to you||d) while you are still working.|
|5. She will move to Frankfurt||e) when the conditions are right.|
|6. We won't open our new office||f) when she finds a good job.|
|7. I think you should save some money||g) before we leave for the airport.|
|8. We can set up in that country||h) the economy will slow down.|
B. Complete these sentences with when, while, before, after, until or as soon as. More than one answer may be possible in each case.
1. We won't buy anything new ............ we've paid off all our debts.
2. They'll start the meeting ............ the manager arrives.
3. I was finishing the report............ my boss went out with clients.
4. It's urgent, so I'll phone you ............ I get home.
5. Can you check the figures ............ you go home?
2. as soon as/when/after
4. as soon as/when
C. Birgit Scheider is writing to her previous boss, a successful American businesswoman. Read her questions about starting a new business and choose the most appropriate option in each case.
I remember before / as soon as / when (1) I first thought about quitting my job and you advised me to gain some experience as soon as / while / before (2) I started a new business. I need to earn some profit until / as soon as / before (3) possible, as I don't have much spare cash. Or do I have to accept that I won't have much money as soon as / until / while (4) I'm starting up my new business? Do I need to have some savings when / while / as soon as (5) I get my new business off the ground? I'm just not sure how I'll survive as soon as / when / until (6) my company starts earning money.
Please advise me before / as soon as / while (7) you can.
3. as soon as
7. as soon as
HOCHAY.COM - nhận thông báo video mới nhất từ Học Hay: Học Tiếng Anh Dễ Dàng
Subscribe Youtube Channel | Youtube.com/HocHay
Follow Fanpage Facebook | Facebook.com/HocHayco
#hochay #hoctienganh #hocanhvanonline #luyenthitienganh #hocgioitienganh #apphoctienganh #webhoctienganh #detienganhonline #nguphaptienganh #tienganhthuongmai #marketleader