Video bài nghe Market Leader Upper Intermediate – Unit 11: Crisis Management – Tiếng anh thương mại – HocHay
Cùng HocHay học tiếng Anh Market Leader Upper Intermediate – Tiếng anh thương mại các bạn nhé!
Market Leader Upper Intermediate – Unit 11: Crisis Management - Listening
A. Listen again and complete these extracts using no more than three words in each gap.
... it's a problem that the company frankly has been very ............ (1) and very ............ (2) to ... it was only September 2009 that the company really truly acknowledged there was a ............ (3) and said 'we're gonna have a ............ (4) .
... its communication around the causes of the problem has been ............ (5) and consumers have been left ............ (6) and ...
The classic advice here is ............ (7) and ............ (8). And the thing to do is to ............ (9) and let people know that you acknowledge that there is a problem, and know that you're ............ (10) about it.
1. slow to acknowledge
2. slow to respond
7. tell it all
8. tell it quickly
9. get out there
10. doing something
B. Listen to the second part of the interview and answer these questions.
1. What is the three-part model?
2. What are the three critical activities or questions for part one?
1. Before, during and after crisis
- Carry out an audit (what could go wrong)
- Take steps to avoid the avoidable or insure against it
- Prepare a contingency plan
C. Listen to the third part. What three things need to be done during a crisis?
1. Identify the crisis
2. Contain the crisis
3. Resolve the crisis
D. Listen to the final part. What questions does he ask with regard to:
1. the recovery?
2. the auditing of the management of the crisis?
1. How do you reintroduce the product? How do you recover from the storm that has damaged your stores and caused employees to lose their homes?
2. What can be learnt as a result of seeing what worked, what didn't work?
3. How does the organisation rebuild its reputation externally? How does it restore the confidence of its customers, other stakeholders and its employees?
Vocabulary Market Leader Upper Intermediate – Unit 11: Crisis Management – Tiếng anh thương mại – HocHay
A. Match words from Box A with words from Box B to make word partnerships, adding of if necessary.
action admission contingency damage flow legal loss press press speed
action conference confidence information liability limitation plan plan release response
|Noun phrases with of||Noun phrases without of|
admission of liability
flow of information
loss of confidence
speed of response
B. Complete these sentences with the word partnerships from Exercise A.
1. How quickly management react to a crisis is known as the .............
2. In a breaking crisis, a manager may speak to the media at a(n) .............
3. Alternatively, there may be a written statement, which is given to the media in the form of a(n) .............
4. During the crisis, management may choose to keep customers, employees and shareholders up to date with a regular .............
5. A(n) ............ is part of a crisis strategy prepared in advance.
6. A backup strategy is a(n) .............
7. The risk of being taken to court is the threat of .............
8. An acceptance of responsibility in a crisis is a(n) .............
9. Following a crisis, a company may suffer a decline in loyalty from its customers, or a(n) ............ in its product or service.
10. Minimising the negative effects of a crisis is known as .............
1. speed of response
2. press conference
3. press release
4. flow of information
5. action plan
6. contingency plan
7. legal action
8. admission of liability
9. loss of confidence
10. damage limitation
C. Match an expression from Exercises A and B with each of these verbs. Three of the expressions are not used.
1. implement an action plan
2. issue a press release
3. take legal action
4. hold a press conference
5. suffer a loss of confidence
6. prepare a contingency plan
7. control the flow of information
Language Review Market Leader Upper Intermediate – Unit 11: Crisis Management – Tiếng anh thương mại – HocHay
Xem thêm ngữ pháp Câu điều kiện trong tiếng Anh tại: https://dethi.hochay.com/cau-dieu-kien-cd
Match the sentences below (1-12) to these headings (a-f).
d) reflecting on the past
e) speculating about the future
1. It wouldn't have been a problem if they'd told the truth immediately.
2. If I were you, I'd give media interviews as soon as possible.
3. We'll tell the truth if you print the entire statement.
4. We'll be able to limit the damage if we pay up now.
5. If you'd fixed the fault, we'd have placed an order.
6. Your money back if not 100% satisfied.
7. If we recall the products, it will be expensive.
8. If you would like a refund, call Customer Services on 020 7711 3420.
9. If you order by the end of the year, we can give you a discount.
10. I wouldn't ignore the media if I were you.
11. If we'd tested the product properly, we'd have known about this problem.
12. I would be grateful if you would print our apology as soon as possible.
4. e, f
7. e, f
#hochay #hoctienganh #hocanhvanonline #luyenthitienganh #hocgioitienganh #apphoctienganh #webhoctienganh #detienganhonline #nguphaptienganh #tienganhthuongmai #marketleader