Video bài nghe Market Leader Upper Intermediate – Unit 11: Crisis Management – Tiếng anh thương mại – HocHay
Cùng HocHay học tiếng Anh Market Leader Upper Intermediate – Tiếng anh thương mại các bạn nhé!
Market Leader Upper Intermediate – Unit 11: Crisis Management - Skills
A. Michael Goodrich is a presenter of a television consumer protection programme. Tonight he is questioning Tim Bradshaw, the Marketing Director of TG Products, a large chain of stores which sells imported toys. Listen to the interview and answer these questions.
1. What kind of toys are popular with children, according to Tim Bradshaw?
2. How many of the toys does his company have in stock?
3. How serious is the problem with the toys? Explain your answer.
1. Stuffed toys (grey rabbits, dogs, penguins, reindeer, elephants)
3. The problem is very serious because:
- the toys are their best-selling product. It would, therefore, have an impact on the company's profits if the products were withdrawn from the market.
- if they are indeed dangerous and injure children, they would have to pay compensation or face court action.
- they hold large stocks of the toys. They could not sell these if the toys which are already in the market were withdrawn.
B. Listen again to these questions from the interviewer. In each case, decide whether the question is a) neutral/polite or b) aggressive.
1. Could you please tell me how many of these items you import each month?
2. Could you be a little more precise?
3. Roughly how many complaints about the toys do you receive each week ...?
4. Isn't it true you've been receiving dozens of complaints from customers every week?
5. Do you deny people have been phoning you and e-mailing you constantly to complain about the toys?
6. Why are you still selling them?
7. Isn't your real reason for not recalling the toys very obvious, Mr Bradshaw?
8. But what are you going to do about these defective toys?
9. When exactly will you get back to us?
10. Would you answer my question, please?
6. a or b
Reading Market Leader Upper Intermediate – Unit 11: Crisis Management – Tiếng anh thương mại – HocHay
A. Read your articles quickly and choose the best headline on the left.
1. Expect the unexpected
2. How not to take care of a brand
3. No way back from a crisis
Article A: 2
Article B: 1
B. In pairs, make as many word partnerships as you can by matching the verbs (1-7) to the nouns (a-g). More than one combination may be possible.
|1. handle||a) a warning|
|2. issue||b) a problem|
|3. face||c) a crisis|
|4. announce||d) an investigation|
|5. cope with||e) a recall|
|6. deal with||f) the public|
|7. reassure||g) an issue|
1. b, c, d, e, f, g
2. a, e
3. b, c, d, e, f
4. d, e
5. b, c, d, e, f
6. b, c, d, e, f, g
#hochay #hoctienganh #hocanhvanonline #luyenthitienganh #hocgioitienganh #apphoctienganh #webhoctienganh #detienganhonline #nguphaptienganh #tienganhthuongmai #marketleader