Video bài nghe Market Leader Upper Intermediate – Unit 12: Mergers and Acquisitions – HocHay
Xem thêm từ vựng tiếng Anh theo chủ đề tại: https://hoctuvung.hochay.com/
Cùng HocHay học tiếng Anh Market Leader Upper Intermediate các bạn nhé!
Market Leader Upper Intermediate – Unit 12: Mergers and Acquisitions - Listening
A. Listen to Professor Scott Moeller, Director of the Mergers & Acquisitions Research Centre at Cass Business School. What three reasons does Scott give for the lack of success of some mergers and acquisitions?
1. inadequate planning
2. due diligence done quickly
3. lack of planning for post-merger integration period
B. Listen to the second part of the interview and answer these questions.
1. Why is it sometimes better for the newly acquired company to be:
a) kept separate for a period of time?
b) integrated very quickly?
2. What do you need to determine in addition to the speed of the merger?
3. What other questions does Scott say you need to ask?
a) To understand the company better or if you want it to operate as a separate subsidiary
b) So as not to lose customers or employees, or if there is a time-critical element
2. Whether you want to impose your own culture and way of operations on that company, or keep that company's own culture separate
3. Are you going to appoint somebody from the company itself to run that division, or do you want to bring in new management, either from the acquirer's own management, or from the outside?
C. Listen to the final part and take notes on why the merger between Bank of New York and Mellon Bank was eventually successful.
They met early before deal became public; determined the 'showstoppers' (what could stop the deal from being successful - you could point out that this means the same thing as dealbreakers); make sure the approach was friendly; put together a team of senior people from both sides; identified who was going to be burning the firm; everyone knew what
Ứng dụng học tiếng Anh - App HocHay cho Android & iOS
Vocabulary Market Leader Upper Intermediate – Unit 12: Mergers and Acquisitions – HocHay
A. Match the terms (1-6) to the definitions (a-f).
|1. joint venture||a) money risked or invested in a company|
|2. MBO (management buyout)||b) two or more companies joining to form a larger company|
|3. merger||c) offer money for shares in a company|
|4. takeover / acquisition||d) when a company's top executives buy the company they work for|
|5. bid||e) a business activity in which two or more companies have invested together|
|6. stake||f) getting control of a company by buying over 50% of its shares|
B. Circle the noun which forms a word partnership with each verb.
1. take a stake / a bid / an acquisition
2. make a merger / a stake / a bid
3. launch a bid / a share / a stake
4. target a company / a bid / a takeover
5. set up a share / a joint venture / a stake
6. make a merger / a joint venture / an acquisition
7. reject a bid / a stake / a share
8. sell a merger / a bid / a stake
1. a stake
2. a bid
3. a bid
4. a company
5. a joint venture
6. an acquisition
7. a bid
8. a stake
C. Choose the correct words or phrases to complete these extracts.
2. joint venture; acquisition
3. takeover bid
Language Review Market Leader Upper Intermediate – Unit 12: Mergers and Acquisitions – HocHay
Xem thêm ngữ pháp Thì tương lai hoàn thành trong tiếng Anh tại: https://dethi.hochay.com/thi-tuong-lai-hoan-thanh-cd
Choose the correct verb forms.
1. We will have paid /will be paying back the loan by December.
2. I will be /will have been here for three years next May.
3. Next year, she will be working /will have worked in our Tokyo office.
4. We will be holding /will have held a meeting soon.
5. Don't phone me tomorrow because I'll be working /work on the bid all morning.
6. We will be offering /will have offered a special discount from January 1st.
7. By the end of next year, we will be launching /will have launched six new products in three years.
8. This time next year, we will be enjoying /will have enjoyed the results of the merger.
1. will have paid
2. will have been
3. will be working
4. will be holding
5. be working
6. will be offering
7. will have launched
8. will be enjoying
Xem thêm ngữ pháp Thì tương lai tiếp diễn tại: https://dethi.hochay.com/thi-tuong-lai-tiep-dien-cd
HOCHAY.COM - nhận thông báo video mới nhất từ Học Hay: Học Tiếng Anh Dễ Dàng
Subscribe Youtube Channel | Youtube.com/HocHay
Follow Fanpage Facebook | Facebook.com/HocHayco
#hochay #hoctienganh #hocanhvanonline #luyenthitienganh #hocgioitienganh #apphoctienganh #webhoctienganh #detienganhonline #nguphaptienganh #tienganhthuongmai #marketleader