Video bài nghe Market Leader Upper Intermediate – Unit 8: Team building – HocHay
Xem thêm từ vựng tiếng Anh theo chủ đề tại: https://hoctuvung.hochay.com/
Cùng HocHay học tiếng Anh Market Leader Upper Intermediate các bạn nhé!
Market Leader Upper Intermediate – Unit 8: Team building - Listening
A. Listen to the first part of an interview with Dan Collins, founder of team-building specialists Fresh group. According to Dan, what is a team, and what is a leader's role in a team?
1. A team is a group of people working towards a common goal.
2. A leader's goal is to make sure that the goal is well understood and is clear, and then to encourage people along the way as they work towards that objective.
B. Listen to the second part. What kind of communication problems do people at work often have?
They do not have a chance to have conversations without a 'subject heading' - i.e. informally - about what they want to achieve as a team.
C. Listen to the third part. Work in pairs. Which four team roles does Dan mention? Take notes on what he says about each role.
Leaders: either appointed to the position or natural leaders
Creators: solve problems either by having random ideas or by using analysis and research
'Gluers': pull the team together, motivated by relationships, pastoral needs of team, e.g. arranging a Christmas party or birthday cards
Doers: look at process and project management, so that things are done on time, accurately and to a high quality
D. Listen to the final part. What does Dan say about the attitudes to teams and how they are led in a) Europe and the US, and b) India and China?
a) Empowered form of leadership, where someone is given an instruction and left to do it how they want to
b) Command-and-control approach, with specific instructions and people working to those instructions
Ứng dụng học tiếng Anh - App HocHay cho Android & iOS
Vocabulary Market Leader Upper Intermediate – Unit 8: Team building – HocHay
A. Match the prefixes of the words (1-10) to their meanings (a-c).
b) do badly
b) in favour of
a) not enough
b) too much
c) not enough
a) not enough
b) very / more than usual
B. Complete this web advert using the correct form of words from Exercise A.
C. Complete the final part of the advert from Exercise B with the verbs in the box.
break down build develop inspire maximise reduce stimulate
Esprit de Corps team-building events and programmes will help you and your company to:
• ……………. (1) loyalty and trust
• ……………. (2) potential
• ……………. (3) barriers
• ……………. (4) communication
• ……………. (5) creativity
• ……………. (6) relationships
• ……………. (7) staff turnover
3. break down
D. Add prefixes to these words to give their opposite meanings.
Language Review Market Leader Upper Intermediate – Unit 8: Team building – HocHay
A. Answer yes, no or not sure to each of these questions.
1. They should have changed the team leader. Did they change the team leader?
2. Alicia needn't have spent so much time on the report. Did Alicia spend too much time on the report?
3. They could have prepared better if they'd had more time. Did they prepare as well as they wanted to?
4. The team would have been stronger without him. Was the team as strong as it could be?
5. The team may have made a decision by now. Has the team made a decision yet?
6. Carlos shouldn't have spent all the budget on one team-building course. Did Carlos spend all the budget on one team-building course?
7. The Chairman couldn't have prepared properly, as we lost the contract. Did the Chairman do enough preparation?
8. I've lost my memory stick. I must have dropped it somewhere. Did I drop my memory stick somewhere?
5. Not sure
8. Not sure
B. Which of these statements use the modal perfect correctly? Suggest alternative modals for the incorrect statements.
1. It's too late to sign the contract. You must have done it last week.
2. I'm a bit angry. You would have told me you had invited the entire team for dinner.
3. His behaviour yesterday could have ruined all the team spirit we have built up.
4. They bought the shares when they were cheap and sold them at their peak, so they needn't have made a lot of money.
5. Simone wasn't at the meeting. She might have been delayed at the airport.
6. You couldn't have booked a place on the June course because it was completely full.
7. She's made a lot of mistakes. She should have been very careless.
8. Abi was inspirational and a motivator. We must have made her team leader.
HOCHAY.COM - nhận thông báo video mới nhất từ Học Hay: Học Tiếng Anh Dễ Dàng
Subscribe Youtube Channel | Youtube.com/HocHay
Follow Fanpage Facebook | Facebook.com/HocHayco
#hochay #hoctienganh #hocanhvanonline #luyenthitienganh #hocgioitienganh #apphoctienganh #webhoctienganh #detienganhonline #nguphaptienganh #tienganhthuongmai #marketleader