Video bài nghe Market Leader Upper Intermediate – Unit 9: Raising Finance – HocHay
Xem thêm từ vựng tiếng Anh theo chủ đề tại: https://hoctuvung.hochay.com/
Cùng HocHay học tiếng Anh Market Leader Upper Intermediate các bạn nhé!
Market Leader Upper Intermediate – Unit 9: Raising Finance - Skills
A. Which of these negotiating tips do you agree with? Why? / Why not?
1. In the early stages, you need to ask the other side a lot of questions.
2. Always interrupt if you don't understand something.
3. Never make a concession for free. Always get something in return.
4. Use simple, direct language and be open about your aims.
5. Signal what you are going to do. For example, say, 'I'd just like to clarify that.'
6. Summarise often so that everyone is clear when you reach agreement.
7. Adapt your language so that you don't appear aggressive.
8. Talk about your emotions and how you are feeling.
B. Research shows that skilled negotiators often use the techniques listed below to achieve their negotiating objective. Match the techniques (1-5) to their definitions (a-e).
|1. Open questions||a) say what you are going to do before you do it.|
|2. Closed questions||b) modify language so that it does not appear too aggressive.|
|3. Softening phrases||c) go over the points covered to highlight when agreement is reached.|
|4. Signalling phrases||d) gather information and explore the opposite number's views.|
|5. Summarising||e) check understanding and ask for precise information.|
C. Listen to five expressions and match each one to the correct technique in Exercise B.
D. Listen to the dialogue and complete these expressions. Then place each expression under the correct heading in the Useful language box below.
1. Could I ask you, what other people are ........................ for you?
2. Have you ............ any other bank, if I may ask?
3. I'd like to make a ............. Why don't you revise your business plan?
4. Good. Could I ask what sort of ........................ you have in mind?
5. .................................... what the money's for. The 2 5 0,000 would be for working capital ...
6. We seem to be getting somewhere now. Let me ........................ what we've agreed so far ...
1. providing finance (open question)
2. approached (closed question)
3. make a suggestion (signalling phrase)
4. repayment terms (open question)
5. Let me clarify (summarising)
6. sum up (summarising)
Ứng dụng học tiếng Anh - App HocHay cho Android & iOS
Reading Market Leader Upper Intermediate – Unit 9: Raising Finance – HocHay
A. Read the whole article and answer these questions in pairs.
1. What was the problem with some of the 'angel' networking clubs?
2. What was the advantage of London Business Angels?
3. How did Saha improve her ability to pitch to backers?
4. Who finally invested in Saha's company?
5. What is the problem with bank finance?
6. What is the position with debt funding and equity finance?
7. What is the problem with venture capital funds?
1. They cost a lot to join.
2. Sanchita could pitch to roughly 100 business angels.
3. She went on the g2i four-day programme.
4. Two Finnish investors and five individuals from London Business Angels.
5. The costs are high.
6. Despite reports to the contrary, it is still quite difficult to get funding.
7. It is taking twice as long to get funding as before the recession.
B. Find idioms in the first six paragraphs that mean the following.
1. finish something you have started
2. a sudden or unexpected chance to do something that allows you to become successful in your job
3. reduce your chances of failure or loss by trying several possibilities instead of one
4. make sure you always know what is happening in a situation
1. go the distance
2. a lucky break
3. hedge your bets
4. keep your ears to the ground
C. Complete these sentences with the idioms in Exercise B.
1. Do you think Isabella will ............ this time?
2. There are hundreds of young musicians out there looking for a .............
3. It's a good idea to ............ by applying to more than one MBA programme.
4. ............ for information about the next fund-raising event.
1. go the distance
2. lucky break
3. hedge your bets
4. Keep your ear to the ground
HOCHAY.COM - nhận thông báo video mới nhất từ Học Hay: Học Tiếng Anh Dễ Dàng
Subscribe Youtube Channel | Youtube.com/HocHay
Follow Fanpage Facebook | Facebook.com/HocHayco
#hochay #hoctienganh #hocanhvanonline #luyenthitienganh #hocgioitienganh #apphoctienganh #webhoctienganh #detienganhonline #nguphaptienganh #tienganhthuongmai #marketleader