Video bài nghe Market Leader Advanced – Unit 3: Energy – Tiếng anh thương mại – HocHay
Cùng HocHay học tiếng Anh Market Leader Advanced – Tiếng anh thương mại các bạn nhé!
Market Leader Advanced – Unit 3: Energy - Business Skills
A. Listen to an extract from a meeting between three managers at an oil company: Alain, Tony and Caroline. What has happened, and what do they decide to do?
There has been a petrol spill (leak) at a refinery in the Philippines. They decide to hold an investigation into the refinery but not stop production at this stage.
B. Complete these expressions from the meeting. Then listen again if necessary. Match the expressions with the sections in the Useful language box below.
1. Would it ………… to close the refinery for a while?
2. I'm not ………… we want to disrupt production at this ………….
3. So, we ………… look into what’s going on there urgently.
4. That said, I ………… we should ………… a decision until we have all the facts.
5. Here’s a ………… an investigation team first.
6. I’m ………… that another incident may not be so ………….
PUTTING FORWARD PROPOSALS
We could consider ...
One option would be to ...
The best course of action is to ...
I'm not so sure I agree with you there.
I see things a little differently from you.
Yes, but I'm not convinced that ...
Another way of looking at it is that ...
EMPHASISING A POINT
I do think it's important to act quickly.
We just can't afford to ...
I know I keep going on about this, but ...
AVOIDING MAKING DECISIONS
Let's not make any hasty decisions.
Let's keep our options open.
We should think this through a bit more.
I'm in two minds about it, really.
1. be an idea (Putting forward proposals)
2. entirely sure; stage (Disagreeing indirectly)
3. do have to (Emphasising a point)
4. don't think; rush into (Avoiding making decisions).
5. suggestion: we could set up (Putting forward proposals)
6. really concerned; minor. (Emphasising a point)
Reading and Language Market Leader Advanced – Unit 3: Energy – Tiếng anh thương mại – HocHay
A. Read the article on the opposite page and decide whether each one is True (T), False (F) or you don't know (DK).
1. A carbon tax on industry could help to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
2. Changing to a low-carbon world can be achieved quite quickly.
3. Rapid growth of the world's population will soon increase demand for energy.
4. Most forms of alternative energy are easier to transport, store and use than oil and gas.
5. Private companies need government support to make technological advances.
6. Oil and gas prices will increase in the future.
B. Find the words or phrases in the article that are similar to or mean the following.
1. changing, especially in a way that improves a situation (paragraphs 1 and 4)
2. opposing change and refusing to accept new ideas (paragraph 2)
3. get involved in (paragraph 2)
4. controlling or limiting something in order to prevent it from having a harmful effect (paragraph 3)
5. gradually stopping someone from doing something they do habitually (paragraph 4)
6. ready to (paragraph 5)
7. organisation responsible for making sure that companies do not do anything illegal or harmful (paragraph 5)
8. say that something is not true (paragraph 7)
9. draws people's attention to something by making it easily visible (paragraph 7)
10. stop something from happening or developing (paragraph 7)
11. establishing (paragraph 8)
12. think of an idea, answer, etc. (paragraph 8)
1. moving away (from)
3. engage with
5. weaning ... off
6. set to
12. come up with
#hochay #hoctienganh #hocanhvanonline #luyenthitienganh #hocgioitienganh #apphoctienganh #webhoctienganh #detienganhonline #nguphaptienganh #marketleader #marketleaderpreintermediate #tienganhthuongmai