Video bài nghe Market Leader Intermediate – Unit 1: Brands – Tiếng anh thương mại – HocHay
Cùng HocHay học tiếng Anh Market Leader Intermediate – Tiếng anh thương mại các bạn nhé!
Market Leader Intermediate – Unit 1: Brands - Skills
A. Four marketing executives at a sports sponsorship agency are talking about finding a new sponsor for their client, a well-known media company. Listen to the conversation and answer the questions.
1. Why does the client want to change the sport they sponsor?
2. Which four sports do the executives consider?
3. Which sport does Mario suggest? Why does he suggest it?
4. What must David do before he contacts Larry Harrington's agent?
1. The football club that the client currently sponsors is asking for too much money, and the client is looking for a sport with more excitement and a bigger effect.
2. Ice hockey, baseball, tennis, Formula One motor racing
3. Motor racing because it is fast, exciting and has good TV coverage, which means that the client would get a lot of exposure (explain this word). It would strengthen their image. (Explain, if necessary, by pointing out the connection between strengthen and strong.)
4. He must contact the client to see if they are happy with the choice. (Point out the use of the expression happy with.)
B. Listen again and complete the extract.
Joy: Well, there are several possibilities, ............ (1) ice hockey? It's an incredibly fast, exciting sport, it's very popular in America and in a lot of European countries.
David: OK. that's a possibility............. (2), Natasha? Would ice hockey be a good choice?
Natasha: Mmm, ............ (3). It's not really an international sport, is it? Not in the same way as baseball, for example. or ... tennis.
David: .......... (4) - baseball's got a lot more international appeal. and it's a sport that's got a good image. I don't know about tennis - I'm not sure it would be suitable, Mario, ............ (5)?
Mario: ........... (6), motor racing would be perfect for our client. It's fast, exciting, and the TV coverage of Formula One races is excellent. They would get a lot of exposure, it will really strengthen their image.
David: That's a great idea. Mario ............. (7) get in touch with Larry Harrington's agency and see if he's interested? Harrington's young, exciting - he'd probably jump at the chance to work with our client. They're a perfect match. But first I must check with our client and make sure they're happy with our choice.
1. How about
2. What do you think
3. I'm not so sure
4. That's true
5. how do you feel about this
6. In my opinion
7. Why don't we
C. Which of the phrases in Exercise B are:
1. asking for opinions?
2. giving opinions?
3. agreeing or disagreeing?
4. making suggestions?
1. Asking for opinions: What do you think,
How do you feel about this
2. Giving opinions: In my opinion ...
3. Agreeing or disagreeing: I'm not so sure,
4. Making suggestions: How about ... ,
Why don't we ...
Reading Market Leader Intermediate – Unit 1: Brands – Tiếng anh thương mại – HocHay
A. Skim the article on the opposite page quickly and say which of the following points are mentioned:
1. The high profit margins on bags
2. Investing in markets that may take some time to grow
3. People are ready to pay a lot of money for very high-quality things because they are beautiful.
4. Building customer loyalty through ready-to-wear
The only point specifically mentioned is:
- Investigating in markets that may take some time to grow: 'You have to look for newness, look for what is happening next. Forget the calculator. Understand the people from different countries and what they want.' (lines 24-28)
- ...a brand should go to its customers but that it should anticipate their needs and invest early in markets that may not show real growth for up to six years.' (lines 67-71)
B. Read the article and complete the notes in the maps below. Then correct the ten mistakes.
4. look for
8. of luxury
#hochay #hoctienganh #hocanhvanonline #luyenthitienganh #hocgioitienganh #apphoctienganh #webhoctienganh #detienganhonline #nguphaptienganh #marketleader #marketleaderpreintermediate #tienganhthuongmai