Video bài nghe Market Leader Intermediate – Unit 5: Advertising – HocHay
Xem thêm từ vựng tiếng Anh theo chủ đề tại: https://hoctuvung.hochay.com/
Cùng HocHay học tiếng Anh Market Leader Intermediate các bạn nhé!
Market Leader Intermediate – Unit 5: Advertising - Listening
A. WPP is a world leader in marketing communications. MindShare is part of the group and Marco Rimini is its Head of Communications Planning. Listen to the first part of the interview and complete the gaps with a maximum of three words.
I always go back to the beginning and ........... (1), what is the person who's paying for the campaign ............(2)? What is that person's ........... (3), what is it that that person….........(4) as a result of ............(5) on this advertising campaign?
1. ask the question
2. trying to achieve
4. wants to happen
5. spending money
B. Listen again. What reasons are there for advertising, apart from selling a product?
1. To change the image of a company
2. To change people's views of an issue
3. To get people to change their behaviour:
a) to drink less alcohol
b) to do up their seat belts
c) to change the way in which they use energy
C. Listen to the second part. What are the four stages of a typical advertising campaign?
1. Identify the brief from the client and agree the brief with the client.
2. Take the brief and articulate it for the people who have to make recommendations and have ideas about the campaign.
3. Present ideas to the client for discussion and agreement.
4. Execution phase (where creative material is produced and the space and places in the channels of distribution are bought)
D. Listen to the final part and answer the questions.
1. What are viral campaigns?
2. Regarding the Ronaldinho viral, what did people argue about?
1. Viral campaigns are pieces of film or content which are picked up by individuals who see it, perhaps on YouTube, and passed on to their friends with comments.
2. Whether it was real or fake
Ứng dụng học tiếng Anh - App HocHay cho Android & iOS
Vocabulary Market Leader Intermediate – Unit 5: Advertising– HocHay
A. Look at these words. Label each word 1 for 'advertising media', 2 for 'methods of advertising' or 3 for 'verbs to do with advertising'.
advertorials endorse point-of-sale sponsor banner ads exhibitions pop-ups sponsorship billboards (AmE)/ free samples posters target boardings (BrE) Internet press television cinema leaflets/flyers product placement viral advertising commercials outdoor advertising radio communicate place run
1. (Advertising media) cinema, exhibitions, Internet, outdoor advertising, point-of-sale, press, radio, television
2. (Methods of advertising) advertorials, banner ads, billboards/hoardings, commercials, free samples, leaflets/flyers, pop-ups, posters, product ' placement, sponsorship, viral advertising
3. (Verbs to do with advertising) communicate, endorse, place, run, sponsor, target
B. Which of the verbs you identified in Exercise B combine with these nouns?
1. a campaign
2. a product
3. an advertisement
4. an event
5. a consumer
6. a message
1. run a campaign
2. endorse a product
3. place an advertisement
4. sponsor an event
5. target a consumer
6. communicate a message
C. Choose the most suitable words to complete these sentences.
1. A lot of cosmetics companies give away leaflets / commercials / free samples so that customers can try the product before they buy.
2. Advertising companies spend a lot of money on creating clever slogans / posters / exhibitions that are short and memorable, such as the message for Nike: 'Just do it'.
3. Celebrity exhibition / research / endorsement is a technique that is very popular in advertising at the moment.
4. If news about a product comes to you by word of mouth / the press / the Internet, someone tells you about it rather than you seeing an advert.
5. Many companies use post and electronic slogans / mailshots / posters because they can target a particular group of consumers all at the same time.
1. free samples
4. word of mouth
Language Review Market Leader Intermediate – Unit 5: Advertising– HocHay
Xem thêm ngữ pháp Mạo từ trong tiếng Anh tại: https://dethi.hochay.com/mao-tu-tieng-anh-cd
A. Look back at the article. In paragraphs 1 and 2, why are a or an used instead of the before these words?
1. publicity stunt
2. team of skydivers
3. entire 3 minute 20 second break
4. live skydiving jump
Đáp án: Because they have not been referred to before.
B. In the first two paragraphs of the article, which specific examples of the following are referred to?
1. a problem
2. a broadcaster
3. a brand name
4. a live advertisement
5. a campaign
1. The problem of viewers tuning out of traditional television advertising. (para. 1)
2. Channel 4 (para. 1)
3. Honda (para. 1)
4. The Honda live advertisement ('the first', para. 2)
5. The Channel 4/Honda campaign (detailed in previous paragraphs)
C. Tick the correct sentences. Add the where necessary in the other sentences. You may need to add the more than once.
1. Knowledge of advertising code of practice is vital to those wishing to work in advertising industry.
2. We want to film a TV commercial in Russia.
3. The 'Think small' Volkswagen Beetle advert was one of most successful advertising campaigns of 20th century.
4. Four major brands - AOL, Yahoo!, Freeserve and BT - all achieve awareness of over 40% amongst UK adult population.
5. Next year, I am going to work for an advertising agency in USA.
1. Knowledge of the advertising code of practice is vital to those wishing to work in the advertising industry.
2. We want to film a TV commercial in Russia. (x)
3. The 'Think small' Volkswagen Beetle advert was one of the most successful advertising campaigns of the 20th century.
4. Four major brands - AOL, Yahoo!, Freeserve and BT - all achieve awareness of over 40% amongst the U K adult population.
5. Next year, I am going to work for an advertising agency in the USA.
D.This text is about a television advertisement. Some of the articles are missing. Write in the missing articles - a, an or the - where appropriate.
Almost as soon as the 'gorilla' television commercial for Dairy Milk chocolate was first shown on 31 August, people started posting it all YouTube. People also started asking questions, like did it feature real gorilla playing drums?
So what role did the extraordinary, take-up of gorilla ad on Internet play in Dairy Milk's success?
And was success of the advert a lucky break? For like Unilever and Diageo, Cadbury has benefited from the free 'viral' distribution of its advertising on Internet as consumers e-mail, post and create spoof versions of gorilla campaign.
Gorilla commercial is most viewed advertisement so far this year on YouTube, the content sharing website.
Almost as soon as the 'gorilla' television commercial for Dairy Milk chocolate was first shown on 31 August, people started posting it on YouTube. People also started asking questions, like did it feature a real gorilla playing (the) drums?
So what role did the extraordinary take-up of the gorilla ad on the Internet play in Dairy Milk's success?
And was the success of the advert a lucky break? For like Unilever and Diageo, Cadbury has benefited from the free 'viral' distribution of its advertising on the Internet as consumers e-mail, post and create spoof versions of the gorilla campaign.
The gorilla commercial is the most viewed advertisement so far this year on YouTube, the content-sharing website.
HOCHAY.COM - nhận thông báo video mới nhất từ Học Hay: Học Tiếng Anh Dễ Dàng
Subscribe Youtube Channel | Youtube.com/HocHay
Follow Fanpage Facebook | Facebook.com/HocHayco
#hochay #hoctienganh #hocanhvanonline #luyenthitienganh #hocgioitienganh #apphoctienganh #webhoctienganh #detienganhonline #nguphaptienganh #marketleader #marketleaderpreintermediate #tienganhthuongmai