Video bài nghe Market Leader Pre-intermediate – Unit 10: Managing People – Tiếng anh thương mại – HocHay
Cùng HocHay học tiếng Anh Market Leader Pre-intermediate – Tiếng anh thương mại các bạn nhé!
Market Leader Pre-intermediate – Unit 8: Marketing - Skills
A. Paul is on a business trip to Syria. Mohammed is a Syrian business contact. Listen to their conversation, then answer these questions.
1. What does Mohammed invite Paul to do?
2. Does Paul accept?
1. To have dinner with him and his friend Abdullah
2. No, he doesn't
B. Complete this extract from the conversation in Exercise A.
Paul: Mmm, ............(1) to invite me, Mohammed, but I think I'd prefer to stay in the hotel, ............(2). I'm really tired at the moment. It was a long flight, and I feel a little jet-lagged. I need an early night.
Mohammed: OK, Paul, I ........... (3). Perhaps we could meet Abdullah at the weekend.
1. it's very kind of you
2. if you don't mind
3. quite understand
C. Paul is being entertained by Abdullah and Mohammed. Listen to their conversation. Below are the answers to three questions. What were the questions?
1. Well, we like the same things as Western people.
2. I generally watch television with my wife.
3. I like to go out to restaurants.
1. What do people like doing here in their spare time?
2. What about you, Paul, what do you usually do after work? How do you spend your evenings?
3. How about you, Mohammed? What's your favourite pastime?
D. Listen to another part of the conversation between Paul and Abdullah. Why has Paul come to Damascus? How can Abdullah help him?
Paul has come to Damascus to find a company to supply carpets for his store. Abdullah knows someone who runs a family business specialising in traditional carpet designs. He will put Paul in touch with him.
E. Listen again. In which order do you hear these sentences?
a) I do know someone who might help you.
b) Would you like me to give him a call first?
c) Can you recommend anyone?
d) Hold on a minute, I've got his business card.
e) I'm looking for a company to supply carpets for my store.
f) He specialises in traditional designs.
Reading Market Leader Pre-intermediate – Unit 10: Managing People – Tiếng anh thương mại – HocHay
A. Read the article below. Say which theory is probably supported by the management of Ruby's company, and which by the management of Geraldine's company.
Ruby's company probably supports Theory Y;
Geraldine's company probably supports Theory X.
B. Read the article again and say if these statements are true (T), false (F) or the article doesn't say (DS).
1. Ruby and Geraldine were both invited to a meeting.
2. Ruby felt part of the decision-making process.
3. Ruby and Geraldine both left their meetings in shock.
4. The companies that Ruby and Geraldine work for are both having problems.
5. Geraldine enjoyed her meeting more than Ruby.
6. Communication was better in Geraldine's company than Ruby's.
7. After the meeting, Ruby was invited to a staff party.
8. Geraldine's company focused on reduction.
9 Geraldine is looking for another job.
#hochay #hoctienganh #hocanhvanonline #luyenthitienganh #hocgioitienganh #apphoctienganh #webhoctienganh #detienganhonline #nguphaptienganh #marketleader #marketleaderpreintermediate #tienganhthuongmai