Video bài nghe Market Leader Upper Intermediate – Unit 3: Building Relationships – Tiếng anh thương mại – HocHay
Cùng HocHay học tiếng Anh Market Leader Upper Intermediate – Tiếng anh thương mại các bạn nhé!
Market Leader Upper Intermediate – Unit 3: Building Relationships - Skills
A. Networking is an essential way of establishing good business relationships. Listen to the first conversation and say whether these statements are true or false. Correct the false ones.
1. Howard Clark's company is probably less successful this year than last year.
2. Howard's company does not have time to redesign the website itself.
3. Judy Masters thinks that Howard will have no problems contacting Martin Englemann.
2. False (They don't have the expertise to redesign it themselves.)
3. False (She says that he travels quite a lot and is often in meetings or giving presentations.)
B. Listen to the second, telephone conversation, then answer these questions.
1. Why does the website need redesigning?
2. How does Martin Engelmann react to Howard's offer to redesign the website?
1. Because they've had complaints from customers saying it's not working properly, it's hard to navigate, they can't find what they want and the product information is insufficient.
2. He's very interested and would be available to discuss it further in two weeks' time.
C. Now listen to both conversations again and complete these extracts.
1. Hello. Haven't we ............ somewhere before?
2. Maybe I could .................................... there. I know someone who's a top-class web designer [... ] I'm sure he'd be interested. Why .................................... him?
3. Great. You haven't got his phone number, ....................................?
4. Yep ... 07825 300646. Can I ............ your name when I call him?
5. OK, I'll .................................... him. Thanks very much .....................................
6. I was ............ your name by Judy Masters.
7. I was wondering ... well ... would you be ............ in helping us to redesign it?
8. Can I suggest ............ at our office, say, at the end of the month?
2. help you out; don't you contact
3. by any chance
5. try to reach; for the contact
Reading Market Leader Upper Intermediate – Unit 3: Building Relationships – Tiếng anh thương mại – HocHay
A. Read the article quickly and say who these people are.
1. Li Ka-shing
2. Gary Wang
3. Helen Wong
4. Zhou Junjun
5. Andrew Grant
1. A Hong Kong businessman who has used his guanxi astutely to win licences and building permission
2. An ex-lNSEAD student who has used his connections from there to build his company, Tudou
3. An INSEAD graduate and partner at Granite Global Ventures who helped Gary Wang to raise $8.6m
4. A businessman who runs the Chinese operations of a South Korean systems company and who did an Executive MBA at the Cheung Kong Graduate School of Business in Beijing
5. Person in charge of McKinsey's China practice in Shanghai
B. Read the article again. Which paragraph:
1. begins by talking about the origins of guanxi?
2. gives examples of what can be achieved if you have connections?
3. talks about how guanxi is changing?
4. talks about top connections made at M BA programmes within China?
5. talks about how a business started through connections made at a European business school?
6. talks about networking through multinational companies?
7. talks about Chinese businesspeople wanting something in return for connections?
8. suggests that making connections might take time and effort?
1. paragraph 3
2. paragraph 1
3. paragraph 2
4. paragraph 5
5. paragraph 4
6. paragraph 6
7. paragraph 8
8. paragraph 7
C. Answer these questions.
1. What is guanxi?
2. What examples are given of things you can achieve if you have good guanxi?
3. What can Western companies do if they are involved in informal groups?
4. How is guanxi changing?
5. Why does Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide hold annual parties for previous employees?
1. Guanxi means 'connections' and is key to getting things done in China.
2. You can secure a business licence, land a distribution deal, find a colonial villa in Shanghai and make a fortune.
3. They can improve their understanding of the marketplace, hire the best talent and find potential business partners.
4. Networking that once happened in private is taking place at more public, informal events.
5. To keep in touch with previous employees who • now work for the company's clients and provide a valuable network
D. Find words or phrases in the article which mean the following.
1. using or taking what you need from a supply of something (paragraph 2)
2. when someone always supports someone or something (paragraph 3)
3. being responsible for what you do and willing to explain it or accept criticism (paragraph 3)
4. a moral or legal duty to do something (paragraph 3)
5. people you know who can help you, especially because they are i n positions of power (paragraph 4)
6. talking to other people who do similar work in order to help each other (paragraph 6)
7. determination to keep trying to do something difficult (paragraph 7)
1. tapping into
#hochay #hoctienganh #hocanhvanonline #luyenthitienganh #hocgioitienganh #apphoctienganh #webhoctienganh #detienganhonline #nguphaptienganh #marketleader #marketleaderpreintermediate #tienganhthuongmai