Video bài nghe Market Leader Upper Intermediate – Unit 6: Risk – HocHay
Xem thêm từ vựng tiếng Anh theo chủ đề tại: https://hoctuvung.hochay.com/
Cùng HocHay học tiếng Anh Market Leader Upper Intermediate các bạn nhé!
Market Leader Upper Intermediate – Unit 6: Risk - Skills
A. Following the brainstorming meeting in Unit 2, the team meets again to finalise plans for the sales conference. Listen to the authentic meeting and note down what they agreed about these items.
2. Workshop activities
2. interactive quizz
3. banquet-style buffet in hotel
B. Match these expressions from the meeting to the appropriate heading in the Useful language box below. (Some headings are not used.)
1. Now, just to sum up, we've looked at ...
2. ... I think it's a really great place ...
3. So can we all agree, then, that we go with Florence?
4. ... I think that most of the time we'll be spending indoors.
5. Now, what about the activities?
6. What did you come up with, Carol, for the actual workshops?
7. I thought it might be a good idea to use role-play ...
8. I think some kind of interaction is a good idea ...
9. OK, so we go with the workshops, then?
10. Well, I don't know about role plays, though.
11. ... I was thinking maybe something like, you know, a simple quiz ...
13. ... yeah, that's a brilliant idea ...
Asking for opinions: 5, 6, 9
Giving opinions: 2, 4, 11
Agreeing: 3. 12, 13
Making suggestion: 7, 8. 11
Summarising: 1, 3, 9
Ứng dụng học tiếng Anh - App HocHay cho Android & iOS
Reading Market Leader Upper Intermediate – Unit 6: Risk – HocHay
A. Answer these questions.
1. What things do you and your family insure against?
2. What sort of things do big international companies need to insure against?
B. Read the article quickly and, in as few words as possible, say what the main point of the article is.
Risk is becoming more complex.
C. Read the article again and answer these questions.
1. How did the insurance industry start?
2. What do reinsurers do?
3. How do the two examples of major losses in paragraphs 7 and 8 illustrate this quote? 'Countries with an underdeveloped system of insurance suffer immeasurably more from major catastrophes than those where a good part of the material losses can be covered by professional risk carriers.'
1. It started when fourteenth-century shipowners wanted to protect the increasing value of their ships and cargoes.
2. Reinsurers provide a secondary market where insurance companies can place risks.
3. Because the attack on the World Trade Center took place in a developed country, it was well covered by insurance. However, the tsunami of 2004 affected mainly underdeveloped countries who had little or no insurance, so the cost to individuals was much higher.
D. Find words in the article which mean the following.
1. when the maker of a product is responsible for any injury that the product causes (paragraph 4)
2. money that a court orders someone to pay to someone else (paragraph 5)
3. the collection of all policies held by an insurer (paragraph 6)
4. the total combined risks that could be involved in a single loss event (paragraph 7)
5. a terrible event that causes a lot of destruction and suffering (paragraph 9)
E. Complete these sentences with words from Exercise D.
1. They are being sued for ............ by clients who they advised to invest in an insurance company that went bankrupt.
2. The defect in her car caused the accident, and she is suing the company for product
3. The region was devastated by a natural .............
4. It's safer to spread your liability by holding a ............ of risks.
5. An ............ of risk happens when there is a concentration of risks that might give rise to very large losses from a single event.
F. Without looking back at the article, match the words on the left to the phrases on the right to make expressions.
a) the way
b) the brunt
c) to mind
d) the risks
e) a need
G. Match the expressions in Exercise F to their meanings.
1. immediately think of something
2. make it possible for something to happen in the future
3. suffer the worst part of something unpleasant
4. reduce the chance of a large loss by sharing risks
5. be good enough to do what someone needs, wants or expects
1. spring to mind
2. pave the way
3. bear the brunt
4. spread the risks
5. meet a need
HOCHAY.COM - nhận thông báo video mới nhất từ Học Hay: Học Tiếng Anh Dễ Dàng
Subscribe Youtube Channel | Youtube.com/HocHay
Follow Fanpage Facebook | Facebook.com/HocHayco
#hochay #hoctienganh #hocanhvanonline #luyenthitienganh #hocgioitienganh #apphoctienganh #webhoctienganh #detienganhonline #nguphaptienganh #marketleader #marketleaderpreintermediate #tienganhthuongmai